Tip: Disposable Rain Cover.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,
One of my little ol' neighbor ladies passed away a few weeks ago, but she is still helping me, and influencing my life, bless her heart, may she rest in peace. I'd like to dedicate this post, and tip to her.

Her daughters gave us a few of her things, and as we were going through them, I saw what I thought were plastics bags for covering hair while giving a perm or something. My Ol' lady says they are for covering a bowl in the frig. Either way they make a very nice disposable rain cover for the Cz's, and possibly many other machines... There were about 25 of them in a bag, so I have enough to last for quite awhile, but maybe some of you could give your opinion of what they are, so I know what to look for when I need to get more of them...

I used the one pictured on my machine just the other day, and it worked out great...
Looks like I'll get quite a few hunts in with them before having to dispose of them, and it's easy to tuck away...
I thought it was such a great idea, that I hadn't thought of, that I thought I would share it with the forum...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

P.S.> I hope everyone has had a great Holiday, and have a Very Happy Newyear!!!

Attachments

• RainTip.jpg
    RainTip.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
hmmmmmmmmm...................... after extensive research...................they are shower caps....and I have everyone collect them from hotels...so that I can cover food with them....but you gave me a really good tip for the MD ....Thanks :-*

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Leon,

when you go looking, look for shower caps, as Gypsy said.

They also sell others for covering bowls, food, and things; these are flatter and may not work for the depth
you need to cover your machine.

Excellent tip.

have a good un..........

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tip Leon, my only concern would be the possibility of condensation, humidity or dampness building up under the plastic and leeching onto a sensitive circuit board? Maybe something to think about, maybe not. . . . . . . . . .

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Night Stalker said:
Nice tip Leon, my only concern would be the possibility of condensation, humidity or dampness building up under the plastic and leeching onto a sensitive circuit board?? Maybe something to think about, maybe not. . . . . . . . . .?

The Stalker makes a good point. This is also a GREAT idea! I needed this right now so thanks much.

I've been wrapping my non-waterproof detectors in that clear cooking plastic wrap. But, like Stalker mentioned, condensation is something to be concerned about.

This shower cap idea would allow for more breathing area than plastic wrap. And also, just as soon as I'm done hunting I get that plastic off so the unit can dry. At home I have a room with a dehumidifier running for detectors and my painting collection.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I happen to use those plastic bags from grocery stores. The handles of the bags can be tied underneath and the only opening is the one where the headphone plug gets poked through. Never had any moisture problems as I took it off as soon as got in vehicle or home where the temp. difference was higher. (i.e.-like when glasses fog up when going inside.)

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks all, I hope it helps...
That is a great idea Jeff, I have a few of those floating around here, left over from Christmas... ;D
I haven't seen any kind of condinsation so far, but ya never know with defferent conditions, definitely something to keep an eye out for...
Good luck, & Happy New Year to all~

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
i been using zip lock bags, but i like ur idea, tnks

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I used to slip a freezer bag over it and tape it on the bottom, then just throw a few silica gel packets in there near the speaker.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Great idea, Leon ;D

i've got some of those.................
............................................... ???
....somewhere :-\
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread