Tip

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Yesterday at the bank I recieved a tip.
I was carrying four boxes of halves to my car. Usually what I'll do is cradle the boxes on my forearms, squat, lean the edge of the boxes on my back bumper and quickly open my trunk with my extended fingers. Works like a charm.
This time however there was a concrete parking bumper between my big feet and my trunk which caused me to lean over a bit further. I lost my balance and tipped over onto my left side,and did a roll, losing 3 of the four boxes in the process.
Luckily none of the boxes was damaged. An old coot witnessed me tipping over and shouted "Timber". Asked if I was alright, and reminded me that I was not 21 anymore.
I started laughing. It should have been caught on video because it was certainly funny. It was like I tipped in slow motion. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

Upvote 0

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
Yesterday at the bank I recieved a tip.
I was carrying four boxes of halves to my car. Usually what I'll do is cradle the boxes on my forearms, squat, lean the edge of the boxes on my back bumper and quickly open my trunk with my extended fingers. Works like a charm.
This time however there was a concrete parking bumper between my big feet and my trunk which caused me to lean over a bit further. I lost my balance and tipped over onto my left side,and did a roll, losing 3 of the four boxes in the process.
Luckily none of the boxes was damaged. An old coot witnessed me tipping over and shouted "Timber". Asked if I was alright, and reminded me that I was not 21 anymore.
I started laughing. It should have been caught on video because it was certainly funny. It was like I tipped in slow motion. :laughing7:
HH
Rich

:laughing7:

Scott

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Hey at least the boxes didn't burst open spilling halves all across the bank parking lot.....(always has been one of my fears)

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hear ya can fit a bunch of boxes in the basket on the front of a Rascal scooter. Maybe hitch up a little trailer on the back. :icon_thumright:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I had a bag blow open once when I was walking into my dump bank. Wouldn't you know it right during a snowstorm and was a mixed bag with dimes and halves. ;D - Should have heard some of the comments I got that day. I learned to really seal my dump bags that day.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread