Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really depends, alot of people say stay withing the trees, but the problem where I live is, they always add dirt to the base of the tree to keep it from falling.

You could look on the Historical Aerials for that area and maybe there is an old aerial to show you if anything has changed...on a new park like that, you just gotta go with your gut or feel the place out some

good Luck!

OP
OP
Depths Of History

Depths Of History

Jan 24, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really depends, alot of people say stay withing the trees, but the problem where I live is, they always add dirt to the base of the tree to keep it from falling. You could look on the Historical Aerials for that area and maybe there is an old aerial to show you if anything has changed...on a new park like that, you just gotta go with your gut or feel the place out some good Luck!
thanks man
Hope I can find the history that's there
Thnx for the help

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being a public park it has probably been hunted heavily over the last 40 years.

Dig deep iffy signals. If there are any old coins left, they are probably there because they are partially masked out by trash or deep and/or laying at a weird angle. The low hanging fruit has been picked, the stuff that is left you will have to work for.

OP
OP
Depths Of History

Depths Of History

Jan 24, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a public park it has probably been hunted heavily over the last 40 years. Dig deep iffy signals. If there are any old coins left, they are probably there because they are partially masked out by trash or deep and/or laying at a weird angle. The low hanging fruit has been picked, the stuff that is left you will have to work for.
ok I hope they aren't that deep lol
Thanks for giving me a heads up :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start by hunting where the trees shade shows on the ground in the afternoon when its hottest, if you have to dig a plug, place dirt on a plastic cloth so all of it can be returned.

OP
OP
Depths Of History

Depths Of History

Jan 24, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start by hunting where the trees shade shows on the ground in the afternoon when its hottest, if you have to dig a plug, place dirt on a plastic cloth so all of it can be returned.
ok I will do that and yes I already have put my dirt on cloth at parks :)

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I will do that and yes I already have put my dirt on cloth at parks :)

Just curious, why do people use clothes or rags to put there dirt on? it seems like a time killer. Are you afraid of getting dirt on the grass?..lol I dont know how pristine the parks are yall detecting, but I know alot of them in my area have holes from squirrels and moles, etc. Plus I never had a problem filling the dirt back in the hole

OP
OP
Depths Of History

Depths Of History

Jan 24, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, why do people use clothes or rags to put there dirt on? it seems like a time killer. Are you afraid of getting dirt on the grass?..lol I dont know how pristine the parks are yall detecting, but I know alot of them in my area have holes from squirrels and moles, etc. Plus I never had a problem filling the dirt back in the hole
I just do it because I can wash it and it is easier for me to put the dirt back into the hole
I have always filled in my holes correctly

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because if you cut your plug and return all the dirt in hole, it is hard to tell where you have dug,even though there is gopher holes and such there is always people that will point at us metal detectorists and say we are damaging the park, just my humble opinion. Good Luck!

OP
OP
Depths Of History

Depths Of History

Jan 24, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because if you cut your plug and return all the dirt in hole, it is hard to tell where you have dug,even though there is gopher holes and such there is always people that will point at us metal detectorists and say we are damaging the park, just my humble opinion. Good Luck!
I agree

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread