tips for hunting a old farm site from at least 1850-1950

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x
I am planning on buying a detector and I have alot of farm sites to check out. so im asking what kind of detector should I buy my budget is about 700 tops but more like 500-600. Thinking about a Whites Matrix M6. I have found the old foundations but nothing is still there not even old wood any help, I am primarily looking for buried treasure like a milk tin or something. I heard a story of this old lady who was scared after the depression and buried a few coffee cans full of silver coins buy a tree on here farm, she never told anyone the exact spot and she died in 1931 here death certifict says she died in a fire and all her family was dead when she died(i did some research). Well a development company chopped all the trees down on here land and then was told they couldn't develop the land for historic purposes I'm not sure how credible the story is but its worth a shot any tips.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Chances are if this area has been determined to be of historic significance,it may be off limits to a detectorist as well

you should check into it though

HH
Shawn

gmsparky

Aug 14, 2007
metro detroit
Detector(s) used
dfx, m6, prizm III
the M6 would be a good choice, right in that price range too. it's easy to use, but a good detector. all the coils available for it are the same as the DFX. that way, when you get a DFX, you'll be all set. i not saying other brands aren't as good, but if you ever need to deal with white's service dept, the are GREAT. very fast too. if you ever need 'help" checking all the old farms sites , i live in allen park(downriver). good luck in all your hunting.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check out kellyco be for you buy eny thing .there having great deals on stuff right now. there the best .

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marine,
Please let me know if there is anything that I can help you with!! The M6 is a great choice. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
Kellyco Chick

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When trees are cut down, or just die, they leave a depression as the wood rots away and the ground fills in. If there is a leaf cover or grass, making it hard to see a depression, you can feel them by walking over them, particularly with moccasins on. The ground is soft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread