Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks for the info on the sensitivity, makes sense. the slight iron buzz on non ferrous is interesting too. every little bit helps to understand the machine better.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep dialing back sensitivity in thick iron is a classic technique some call "sifting" and I have recommended doing it on both the Deus and Equinox. Yes you will lose some depth, but you are not worried about depth in thick iron, you are trying to make that shallow, masked non-ferrous pop out of the muck. Calabash is a pro at doing that. He is also dead on regarding how hot this detector is. Need to not be afraid to quiet the machine down by dialing back sensitivity. As I say, the deal with Equinox is to get it to run on the edge of quiet so you are maximizing the signal-to-noise ratio. HH.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks calabash I watched the video when you first put it out. I recommend all you Deus/Equinox use go to YouTube and subscribe and start watching them all. Thanks calabash for all the time you take out of your free time to video, edit and share you knowledge on honest testing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread