The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like the previous model, the Excal II will continue to sound off on iron after the coil has passed the target. The "iron growl" will go away when another target is detected, but it can be annoying. I run the coil by my scoop to clear the threshhold tone.

I run it with minimal discrimination and dig everything that isn't obviously iron...and sometimes I dig the iron too if I'm curious or haven't had a target in a long time.

It's a very easy machine to use. There are many ways to configure how you carry the machine (shaft/hip/chest mount) as well.

HH!
TBGO

May 31, 2008
Lake City, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 II, Ace 250, Gold Bug 2, Fisher 1265-X, C&G Bobcat, Previously Garrett Groundhog and Bounty Hunter RB 10
I keep a dime in the toe of my shoe, to swing the coil by, to quiet the iron sound. Another tip, with the Excal II you don't have to run the battery down before charging. The new battery has no memory. Good luck finding those rings! :thumbsup:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Run 0 discrimination, learn bottle cap sounds and dig all targets that do not give that sound. I epoxy a nickel to the toe of my boot and check it from time to time to keep the gold ring tone fresh in my mind
It also helps to be lucky ;D ;D ;D

Elario

Greenie
Jan 14, 2007
Cutler Ridge Miami
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vanquero
Here you go

Attachments

• Kellyco_BETFE_Backdrop_smaller file.jpg
    Kellyco_BETFE_Backdrop_smaller file.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 261
OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so nickles and gold give the same tone?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost the same. Include pull tabs sounds and you have a good idea. It is like a low growl and smooth. Best to lay down some pull tabs and gold rings, close your eyes as you scan them an guess which is which.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread