Tips on equipment

lokiie1984

Jun 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have some extra money coming in this month so i wanted to look into getting something that i could use around the house to help clean up cons and other material. I would like to find something for around 100 dollars (price that i would have to pay for a blue bowl kit if i were to buy one.) I thought about doing the blue bowl from my local store but figured i should check into other items before i settled on that one. There's just so many different things out there that i have no clue what i would actually be looking for.

I would like to have something that works like the blue bowl, where it takes the dirt and what not and leaves the gold behind. However it would be nice if it would work on more then just -30 and smaller material. The only other item that i came across that would do something similar was an underflow sluice system by these guys : Grumpy Prospector Home but those are a bit out of my reach.

So i was curious if anyone knows of anything else that works like either of those two? The only real requirements that i would need, is that it can be hooked to either a pump or a hose and work. And cost under 100 dollars.

I did look into a bazooka sluice, even with having to pan the material after running it, it would be nice to use but their smallest sluice was 80 bucks. Just seems like kind of a waste for that price since we hardly ever go out to the mountains. So I'm kind of leaning towards the blue bowl but again i don't know what else is out there.

Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lokiie1984

Jun 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to try the straight hose first to see if i needed the pump. That worked well enough to test the mat but now for it to really be all that it can be i guess i have to pick one up. The attwood pump is cheap enough though that i can grab it and be ok. The charger we have is more for cars then anything else but i figure if we hook it to an old battery and then the pump to the battery it should run it well enough with out hurting our charger.

OP
OP
L

lokiie1984

Jun 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wanted to try the straight hose first to see if i needed the pump. That worked well enough to test the mat but now for it to really be all that it can be i guess i have to pick one up. The attwood pump is cheap enough though that i can grab it and be ok. The charger we have is more for cars then anything else but i figure if we hook it to an old battery and then the pump to the battery it should run it well enough with out hurting our charger.

You will not hurt the charger running the pump from the charger. Why are you pinching pennys to buy this pump, you may be replacing it. Buy an Atwood as the shaft is sealed. What do you know of the other pump other than feedback. Atwood is sold with more sluice boxes, blue bowls, clean up sluices than any other pump, why? QUALITY.... Spend the $$$ and not look back...

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I received a PM in regards to charging a sealed lead acid battery such as the battery below and thought this is a good place to talk about the battery. These lead acid batteries are same as in your car with the exception they are sealed but in all reality they can be opened up just as your sealed battery in your car. I use my car charger to charge my batteries, but if you want to purchase a battery charger that's on a smaller scale check out this link. Battery Chargers

I would look for a charger that will auto shut-off once the battery is fully charged. You do not need a charger over 3 amps charging capacity.

12V Battery.jpg charg.jpg

Last edited:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can I put my cons from a keene a52 on this? Smaller rocks and all? No issues?

They call it a clean up sluice, but its nothing more than a sluice with rubber rib material in the bottom depending on the model. A clean up sluice is for your con that has already been sized down. Build your own, my videos show you that the bigger gold will hold tight to the mat as well as the small gold.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread