Tips?

trydiggin

May 9, 2011
Hello,

We are an Air Force Family Stationed here at Hickam AFB for 6 years. We are due to move in 2 months and I have just come across this thought of bottle digging in Hawaii. I did some digging in Texas many years ago and would like to play with it for the couple of months we have left.

Can you give me any tips? I'm guessing I can't just dig anywhere? If I am on a hike can I just pull off the trail - pull out the shovel and dig in? I don't have any connections here so probably can't get onto anyone's private land. Are there any public spots you could recommend we might have some slight success?

thanks so much

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
trydiggin said:
If I am on a hike can I just pull off the trail - pull out the shovel and dig in?
Try digging up on Tantalus. Just find Tantalus Drive on a map and go check it out. Drive up the road and park anywhere. Hike off into the jungle, find a spot you like and dig in! :hello2:

This area is well known for producing many fine Hawaiian sodes, but has been picked over for years. The bottles are widely scattered, so most folks just hike around looking for stuff on the surface. Digging is hit and miss at best, but if you pick the right spot you can score! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread