Tire Repair(Off-road) - WD40

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I've seen this done dozens of time with Ether. One of the hazards of growing up in the cab of a Kenworth. This was (and probably still is) standard practice for fixing truck tires. Too much time in truckstop repair shops I guess. Definately gets your attention when it gets lit ;D

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
mcgearhead said:
I get the pleasure of hearing those big truck tires go boom about 4 or 5 times a day at work ! We use ether !

Scared the crap outta me when I was a little kid. Dad would distract me when he saw them getting ready to do it and I would jump out of my shoes when those things went off behind me, LOL.

T

trish76642

I saw my daddy do this one day. But he used something in a can that you use to spray on a carborator (cant spell it) I had never seen anyone do this ever! I thought he had lost his mind! He bout gave me a dang heart attack! I just knew he was gonna blow his self up!

T

trish76642

packerbacker said:
Yep, done it a number of times. My son showed me first. :-\ Starting fluid is the ticket

Yep thats what my daddy used....i love yall, but your crazy! :tongue3: lol

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
My Daddy was amazed when he watched me inflate 22 inch tires for my big rig with ether and a Bic .
So much so that when he had a flat on a 10 inch lawn tractor tire he used the same process . 2 count of full discharge of ether into the tire followed by a flick of the Bic .
Momma took him to the ER to get 27 stitches in his forearm from the exploding rim .
Every risky procedure has a consequence if you don't use your brain to some degree .

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the first tire I tried it with; a front, riding lawnmower tire. Worked great but, it wasn't a full 2 count! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus! :o

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
packerbacker said:
That's the first tire I tried it with; a front, riding lawnmower tire. Worked great but, it wasn't a full 2 count! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus! :o
Momma is gone and Daddy is 83 and still caring for 50 head of cattle and running equiptment every day .
The Lord helps us look after him 'cause we surely couldn't do it by ourselves .

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
it blowed up :o

AAwwwwwww Now we know what happened to the lip caterpellar ;D An you told us you shaved it ::)

No thanks to this technique. Saw a man loose most of his head when a split ring rim let go, when I was about 9 or 10. Had a lot of nightmares after that and a lot of respect for rims!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
plehbah said:
Thompy said:
ive use ether as well, but dont stand to close as you may lose your eye brows ::)

Where do you get ether?

For putting on tires?
Called starting fluid in the auto parts stores . Not recommended for tire mounting and actually a fineable offense on an OSHA regulated site .
Still it beats heck out of a $300 service call if you do it right .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread