Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to build my own costume this year and it got a little out of hand to say the least. Once I started I couldn't stop haha! Also did some work on my daughters "robo kitty" outfit too. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477934141.393904.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477933789.424145.jpg

Well, between the big Halloween party at a friends place on Saturday night, and the community potluck supper/pumpkin carving event last night I only had a couple hours to do some beepin yesterday afternoon. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477933846.450081.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477934026.916305.jpg

I found a few old bullets and this relatively nice 1910 wheat cent not far from where I found the seated quarter last week. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477934083.161500.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477934106.822667.jpg

Happy Halloween! I hope everybody eats too much candy today.

Upvote 8

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a sweet costume JC! Well done sir.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
J--Love the costumes! Sounds like you're really enjoying the holiday. Congrats on the penny. -Lisa & John

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude that is awesome!!!! You may have some issues but I appreciate those issues lol

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw what a cutie your little girl is. Awesome to see you two enjoying things together. That's the way it should be

Last edited:

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE COSTUME!

Be careful out there... Some knucklehead might take you seriously. I hate to be a killjoy but going out in public in a body armor suit with a gun could freak some people out. I just don't want you to be on the wrong side of a misunderstanding.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work on the costume. Great to spend time with the little ones. Congrats on the 1910 and HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE COSTUME!

Be careful out there... Some knucklehead might take you seriously. I hate to be a killjoy but going out in public in a body armor suit with a gun could freak some people out. I just don't want you to be on the wrong side of a misunderstanding.

Don't worry squirrel, it's pouring rain here so I'm going out trick or treating with the kids as a civilian...with umbrellas.

This costume is going on eBay, see what I can get for it.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You ought get a couple of pics of you in the costume.. ready, wait for it... out metal detecting! You would look so cool swinging the Deus in that outfit! How about door knocking in the cyborg costume!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ought get a couple of pics of you in the costume.. ready, wait for it... out metal detecting! You would look so cool swinging the Deus in that outfit! How about door knocking in the cyborg costume!

Haha Tom, if it wasn't totally pouring rain I would wear it out tonight!

I am going to get some pics of detecting in the suit for sure, as well as doing a few other things like: doing the dishes, raking leaves, strolling through a dewy meadow, playing street hockey.

I smell a "back to England" fundraising calendar!!!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that Wheatie really that color? Almost looks like a steelie.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great costumes, love that wheatie, but I have to ask about the worm dirt? that isn't from your digging too is it.LOL Great post.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that Wheatie really that color? Almost looks like a steelie.

It's actually quite brown, the light sort of makes it look more gray

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great costumes, love that wheatie, but I have to ask about the worm dirt? that isn't from your digging too is it.LOL Great post.

Thanks BOTB. Luckily the worms are made of jello and marshmallows piped into straws until they set, with crushed chocolate cookies for dirt. Looked pretty authentic! The guy that made them told the kids he added a few REAL worms for fun. They freaked haha!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BOTB. Luckily the worms are made of jello and marshmallows piped into straws until they set, with crushed chocolate cookies for dirt. Looked pretty authentic! The guy that made them told the kids he added a few REAL worms for fun. They freaked haha!

I had to show my wife the worms.Thought they were awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread