Tired of Finding Silver, Bring on the Skunks !

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I find myself enjoying box after box of clad. I like to sort them by year then re-roll solid date rolls. Hopefully, if I get enough, I like to make a solid box especially bicentennials. They are always fun. I imagine all the fun the next hunter will have when they open a box of re-rolled dumps and find it is a solid bicentennial box. Good times.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I love clad because it gives me more quality time with my friends at the dump banks.
Besides, I find that my wrists benefit from the regular exercise afforded by lifting 25lb bags.

O how I wish they hadn't gotten so carried away with pre-70 mintings !

On the bright side, I've heard that soon all the coins will be entirely zinc, or maybe aluminum or possibly plastic.
Cheery Thought!

Keep on Rollin' !

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i search quarter boxes all the time, I find tons of silver in quarter boxes!!! ;)

Captaindoodle

Feb 10, 2008
I have recently achieved my dream of silverless boxes!!! I now try to take the many side striped halves I find, and re-assemble them into rolls with the edge marks carefully aligned to form a complete roll so they are asthetically pleasing for the next hunter. The effect is quite striking.

Cheers,
CD

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I have recently achieved my dream of silverless boxes!!! I now try to take the many side striped halves I find, and re-assemble them into rolls with the edge marks carefully aligned to form a complete roll so they are asthetically pleasing for the next hunter. The effect is quite striking.

Cheers,
CD

To get creative, you should assemble a roll with different colors. Align the marks, then rotate each a few degrees to create a kaleidoscope effect. Now that would be aesthetically pleasing.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The family is growing Coolpix9!

Lol, yep skunks are "priceless." So many clads, I really should think about retirement since I have found ever so many.

apush

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
In the 2 years I have been coin rolling, I have yet to find just one silver, but one day with alot of luck I just might find one. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread