Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arghhh, Well Ive been at it for about a month and half now... was only ordering 1 box a week from 1 bank(all I could locate) but have since gotten some extra money to search more boxes, so I upped my weekly order to 3 boxes, and so far have gotten 8 boxes from this bank, and not a single silver...

Last week I made a serious effort to get some more halves ordered, upto 3 per bank, trying for 3-4 banks... Well I got 2 new banks with 2 boxes each today, and skunked on all of those as well...

Locked down another bank today for 2 boxes next week, I had seen a Garda truck going into that bank before, so hopefully it will be a better source of halves, as all 12-13 boxes I have searched since I started are the long flat boxes, with HF SKunk and sons yellow/white wrappers...

I also have halves coming tommorow from a new bank as well, they told me they are 1000$ boxes??? Anyone heard of these? I hope its good, as they should have 2 of those boxes for me...

So yeah last week, I joined 4 different banks, and only managed to lock down orders from 2 of them... as 1 did get me halves yesterday, but said that was the last time unless I wanted to pay shipping charges... and the other bank I joined, only to be able to buy 120$ in halves from a branch(skunked as well)

Dimes are the only MWRs that are paying anything out to me, and even that has been low the past 2 weeks... at 7 rosies out of 12 boxes

Anyways, rant over... Heres to hoping my new bank sources will finally start to pay off... If not im going to be stuck driving forever looking for the sweet CWRs, as ive already been to every bank within 20 miles

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Arghhh, Well Ive been at it for about a month and half now... was only ordering 1 box a week from 1 bank(all I could locate) but have since gotten some extra money to search more boxes, so I upped my weekly order to 3 boxes, and so far have gotten 8 boxes from this bank, and not a single silver...

Last week I made a serious effort to get some more halves ordered, upto 3 per bank, trying for 3-4 banks... Well I got 2 new banks with 2 boxes each today, and skunked on all of those as well...

Locked down another bank today for 2 boxes next week, I had seen a Garda truck going into that bank before, so hopefully it will be a better source of halves, as all 12-13 boxes I have searched since I started are the long flat boxes, with HF SKunk and sons yellow/white wrappers...

I also have halves coming tommorow from a new bank as well, they told me they are 1000$ boxes??? Anyone heard of these? I hope its good, as they should have 2 of those boxes for me...

So yeah last week, I joined 4 different banks, and only managed to lock down orders from 2 of them... as 1 did get me halves yesterday, but said that was the last time unless I wanted to pay shipping charges... and the other bank I joined, only to be able to buy 120$ in halves from a branch(skunked as well)

Dimes are the only MWRs that are paying anything out to me, and even that has been low the past 2 weeks... at 7 rosies out of 12 boxes

Anyways, rant over... Heres to hoping my new bank sources will finally start to pay off... If not im going to be stuck driving forever looking for the sweet CWRs, as ive already been to every bank within 20 miles

You'll get out of Skunksville soon hopefully. I was there (at least in terms of halves) for a good week and a half. Found a Benjamin and a 40% yesterday.
Garda with skunk and sons? Usually its Loomis. Hope you find a Ben, homie.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Usually when someone first starts CRH'ing, they make pretty good finds right off the bat. The fact that you're not suggests that your area may already be saturated with CRH'ers. Unfortunately, 100 box skunk streaks are not uncommon. Stick with it and you'll hit paydirt eventually, though you may feel inclined to give up before that happens.

Good luck and HH!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been doing nickels and I am thinking I have a fellow CRHer in the area doing nickels too because I have gone through 3 boxes in the last week and have gotten nothing. I am half tempted to start marking the edges with a touch of permanent marker and see if I see those again. then I will know if I am getting my own dumps, which is lame because I get my boxes from different sources, or I have competition for the nickel game.

I probably won't get a reply but I am throwing this out there. Any CRHers in Traverse City, Michigan? This isn't my hometown but its part of my hunting grounds.

sincerely,
garoulady

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well from what I can tell, I am the only person ordering halves currently... A few of the sources have mentioned how they used to order for people in the past...

The garda truck remark, I havent gotten any boxes from that bank yet(the bank I saw a garda truck going into), I only ordered them yesterday, will get them next week... But all the other boxes I have searched, have all been loomis I believe, as they are all the long flat boxes with yellow/white wrappers..

My first CRH experience, I banked hard... Found (23) 90% and (70) 40%... Those were CWR's from the first bank that would sell me halves... But since then I havent really found much at all, except about a week after that, I did find a solid roll of 1968s in CWRS... I knew it would be hard to top my first find, but wow, its hard to find a single piece of silver lol...

Im not gonna give up, gonna keep on moving them halves around in hopes of siphoning some off for myself

Well im off to dump my 4 boxes from yesterday, now to pick up 2k more in halves...

Peace

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well just got back from my new pickup bank, which said they ordered in 1000$ boxes... it turns out it was just 4 flat boxes with yellow/white HF strings and sons wrappers... Loomis right?

Well ill have to check those tonight or tommorow, as its too nice outside to not be metal detecting... C yas

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I probably won't get a reply but I am throwing this out there. Any CRHers in Traverse City, Michigan? This isn't my hometown but its part of my hunting grounds.

Make a thread about it to get any replies.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Well just got back from my new pickup bank, which said they ordered in 1000$ boxes... it turns out it was just 4 flat boxes with yellow/white HF strings and sons wrappers... Loomis right?

Well ill have to check those tonight or tommorow, as its too nice outside to not be metal detecting... C yas

NF String and Sons can be used by any company, as they just produce the wrappers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread