Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After work today I hit the area they are clearing out for a new road. I'm really getting to know the whole crew there, and brought some of my display cases to show them my relics.
On about three occasions now I was able to dig a CW bullet right in front of them. They LOVED it!!
The Mexican workers got a kick out of me using a Tesoro machine, meaning "Treasure". ;D
We had a major rain here yesterday, so I was hoping it would help with the signals. I was not disappointed, as I dug some nice lead, including two carved bullets, a few cleaners, and a few 3-ringers.
The troops must have been a bit bored at this spot. :icon_scratch: We are finding numerous carved and beat up bullets.
No other CW relics today, but I'm still happy with the finds. :thumbsup:
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 662
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 672
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 659
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 669
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 658
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 667
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Great digs MM!!! It's great to find coinage (especially OLD coinage), but there's just something about a relic. That's got to be the coolest feeling to hold one of those bullets in your hand knowing that it hasn't been touched in over a hundred years. Makes you think about what was going through each soldiers mind as they sat there carving away. Good stuff MM - as always...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
johnreb1980 said:
I don't believe I could ever get tired of seeing Civil War lead or relics.
You definetely got that right....

Doug!!!....What are you doing to me here.....That has to be whatever Nick say's ;D Two "carved" like that in one day has to be an awesome feeling Buddy.I've got my share of carved but those remind me of a nice friendly game of Chess.....Right before trying to kill some one ;D Definetely have the CW Bug,and the plcae......Can't wait for the next visit,Beautiful Find's Doug :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnreb1980 said:
I don't believe I could ever get tired of seeing Civil War lead or relics.

Thanks JR. Me neither. :thumbsup:
-MM-

DD-777 said:
Great digs MM!!! It's great to find coinage (especially OLD coinage), but there's just something about a relic. That's got to be the coolest feeling to hold one of those bullets in your hand knowing that it hasn't been touched in over a hundred years. Makes you think about what was going through each soldiers mind as they sat there carving away. Good stuff MM - as always...

Thanks DD.
You are so right. It never gets old digging these CW bullets. Just the thought of where they came from and how long they have been buried is amazing. I really like finding the carved ones. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your the man MM. Keep on diggin. :thumbsup: I will be there saturday MM at the old house. Naaaa just a nice thought. :(

Burdie

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last pic look's like a Pawn and a Knight Doug ::)

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie said:
Your the man MM. Keep on diggin. :thumbsup: I will be there saturday MM at the old house. Naaaa just a nice thought. :(

Burdie

Burdie,
Come on up, I'll wait for you. Lots of lead out there I could use help with. ;D :wink:
Have a great w/end.
-Doug-

civilman1 said:
Last pic look's like a Pawn and a Knight Doug ::)

I never thought of that. :icon_scratch: Very nice.
Thanks Civil. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
One day, some way, I'll get someplace where I can dig a CW lead & what a feeling that will be!

To see what you've found on just one hunt is amazing! Congrats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's great to hear how you're showing your finds to the workers.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nothing else but lead, you say? When it's that old, I wouldn't mind digging lead.

That's a nice collection of bullets you have there, Doug!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kimsdad said:
One day, some way, I'll get someplace where I can dig a CW lead & what a feeling that will be!

To see what you've found on just one hunt is amazing! Congrats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's great to hear how you're showing your finds to the workers.

I hope your CW lead comes soon. If you are ever down this way let me know. We'll find some. :thumbsup:

Since I've been bringing my finds into work, SIX coworkers have bought detectors. :thumbsup: :wink:
Thanks,
MM

Dman said:
Nice bullets.
I really like the carved bullets.
Dman

Thanks Dman.
I found one of the carved ones right in the center of a black ant colony about 5" deep. ;D :wink:
-MM-

nightwolf said:
Those relics are sweet! Can't ever get tired of finding pieces of history :thumbsup:

Thanks NW.
I've been finding a lot of thin rusty flat pieces of tin in the area too. I'm wondering if they are pieces of the box the bullets came in? :icon_scratch:
-MM-

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds MM! Hit it while you can before it's gone! HH, Mike

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a story those bullets could tell..WTG on finding such a productive spot Doug, hope there's more where that came from.

Nat

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Doug Dude, we, here at Treasurenet, will never get sick of seeing the Doug Dude excavating all of those Civil War artifacts. :icon_sunny: You have been cleaning some house with all of those three-ringers.

With that lean, mean, metal datecting "Treasure" machine, you'll be excavating many more, my good buddy!

Now, get back out there and dig us a plate, eagle button, knapsack J-hook, and 50 dropped three-ringers! :thumbsup:

Kyle

R

RUDY2003

Boy howdy, I would love to have a spot where I could dig CW relics and bullets!
Very cool MM.....

Keep safe...

Keith

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I wouldn't be tired of seeing it if I was digging it! :tongue7: :thumbsup:

Wouldn't it be nice if those soldiers lost coins like bullets? Still sounds like fun. Better than digging wheat pennies. :icon_sunny:

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread