Titan 1000xd Metal detector?

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Hi levisdad -

They are O.K for the price. I, however would recommend starting her off with a tesoro compadre.
Only 1$50-160 and has great dept.lightest on the market and she may not want anything else after using it. The Titian is not that accurate anyway... and is top heavy!!!!!
RD ;)

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
if she is intrested in the titan i would get the fisher f-2, faster target responce, comes with 2 coils, better audio info, $199, this is a simular machine, but updated for fisher

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro compadre.

HH

PTP

Levi's Mom

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2008
Cleveland
Detector(s) used
Looking at Garrett Ace 250
Okay.. I finally broke down and started my own account.. Got tired of being "dad".. lol. I have looked at so many metal detectors Im dizzy. Some people have good things to say and some bad. (about the titan) I looked at the ACE 250... I liked it but it seemed everyone had a problem with the pin pointer. I was wondering if anyone had an ACE 250 and what they think of it. and which would be a better machine for a beginner.. .. by the way this is levisdad's wife... therefor the Levis_Mom

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main problem with the compadre is that you can't change coils on it--the small coil is hardwired into the control box. :(

Tesoro Silver uMax might be a better route to go--it's a serious machine for not much money.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I heard the F2 is top heavy too and is not accurate after a couple of inches down.
The Bounty Hunter tracker lV is a good all around metal detector for the price range $120.
It works just as well as my $350.00 Minelab musketeer!

The bounty hunter control box can be mounted up side down on the bottom of the shaft for perfect balance. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread