Titan 3000XD by First Texas

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one has it all! Pinpointer (excellent!), preset ground balance, sensitivity, low batt, 4 tone gauge (iron, nickel-aluminum, gold, silver) & discrimination. You at least have a good idea what you are digging by the numbers it shows.

The only thing I haven't figured out is why on some hits, it bounces around. If there are multiple hits in a hole, it will bounce, but say, torn up aluminum foil it bounces too, but will sound trashier. The questionable hit is when it goes from low to mid range, to high, to mid, etc.

I also noticed on this last time out, that newer pennies will bounce between penny & dime numbers...the older pennies will be penny only.

EXTRA DEEP? Yes, my first time out I found two silver quarters around 8 inches deep (in my own yard!)

Good Luck Hunting! Melnatcat

beerbarrel

Jun 24, 2007
Houston
melnatcat said:
This one has it all! Pinpointer (excellent!), preset ground balance, sensitivity, low batt, 4 tone gauge (iron, nickel-aluminum, gold, silver) & discrimination. You at least have a good idea what you are digging by the numbers it shows.

The only thing I haven't figured out is why on some hits, it bounces around. If there are multiple hits in a hole, it will bounce, but say, torn up aluminum foil it bounces too, but will sound trashier. The questionable hit is when it goes from low to mid range, to high, to mid, etc.

I also noticed on this last time out, that newer pennies will bounce between penny & dime numbers...the older pennies will be penny only.

EXTRA DEEP? Yes, my first time out I found two silver quarters around 8 inches deep (in my own yard!)

Good Luck Hunting! Melnatcat

beerbarrel

Jun 24, 2007
Houston
I also have the TITAN 300XD, and agree with you 100%. This detector has it all and is a wonderful detector to use. I have found when searching for coins the best head to use is the small 4" head. As far as the detector "bouncing" around, I have found this to be true on my other detectors. Good luck with this machine. I plan on using nothing but this detector.

a1mine

Aug 13, 2007
I have also made a purchase and generally am happy.
I was a little disappointed with the quality such as the arm rest not being adjustable. The two digit depth output does not work in pinpoint mode as does the Fisher F4 which is a similar model.
I have tgo back to all metal to check my depth.
I also find the 450 coil great for coin hunting and good pinpointing. The 10" is good for the beach or more open ground.
One issue that concerns me is Ground Balancing. With the 4" coil it is easy and generally is correct at the preset position. With the 10" coil it is very noisy and I cannot get a silent coil 1/2" above the ground until I have moved the GB dial to 3/4 or more of its scale. Does any other owner find this also the case?
For a similar price I wonder whether the F4 might have been the better choice. A more known brand and possibly better built.

mkingston

Mar 25, 2008
I just used this for about 7 hrs straight and had the same results. When ground balancing the unit, w/10' coil, i had the knob just over half. I also had similar issues with low-mid-high tones in succession, which I reduced sensitivity to help that a little. The same results with the dime/penny readout. I think I need more practice with this. It was at the top of my pricerange, (this is my very 1st detector), but was easy enough to learn the basics. PLEASE keep this feedback coming in to help beginners like myself find out better how to use and adjust it better. I need to start paying this back ...Thanks all!

Attachments

• Titan3000_N_C_SM[1].jpg
    Titan3000_N_C_SM[1].jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 557

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread