Titan/Titanic submersible program airing tonight

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
For those who followed the saga of the submersible disaster a few months ago, ABC is airing a program about it tonight at 7:00PM Central:

Fatal Dive to the Titanic: Truth and Lies New
ABC • 7:00 PM • Stereo • CC • DVS

Entrepreneur Stockton Rush's Titan submersible becomes a cautionary tale about the risks of innovation during an ill-fated dive to take tourists into the deep sea to view the fabled Titanic wreckage.

I'd argue that this is a cautionary tale about budget innovation, rather than innovation itself. Dude could have spent the cash and innovated a sea-worthy craft if he wanted to.

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have liked to have heard from David Lockridge in the documentary. Also could have done without hearing from the drama Astrophysicist(name?). Also David Concannon didn't really justify why he didn't go on the trip. And since has pretended to know nothing after the disaster. Won't admit that he wrote the liability agreement that participants had to sign. Otherwise well done documentary.

OP
OP
MiddenMonster

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
I didn't get a chance to see it, but my guess is that anyone within a mile of this tragedy is being told by lawyers to be pretty circumspect in what they say to avoid getting tagged in the inevitable lawsuits. Since the main dude died, the legal guns are going to be trained on anyone and everyone who can have a portion of blame hung around their neck. Even the janitor who cleaned their offices might not be in the clear at this point in time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread