TM808

C

cachenut

TM808 will find deeper stuff but you will need to dig a lot. With these machines you dig a lot.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Sounds like a lot of work, but it seems like your chances of digging junk would be less.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
The 808 is a nice detector if you are hunting for objects the size of a one gallon paint can or bigger. It will detect deeper than a single 15" coil and is probably easier to handle. It has a cave mode on it that you can use to detect voids 6-8 feet deep but you can do the same thing with a machine that has manual ground balance. The cave mode simply "sees" a difference in the mineralization when no soil (a void or water) is present.

The detector is light and can be operated in an automatic or manual mode. In open air tests the 808 will pick up a one gallon paint can at about four feet to five feet.

Kelley (Texas)

Jul 12, 2003
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Fisher 1225X
You can detect an object the size of a small cannon ball several feed deep in the soil.? They are easy to use in high grass and weeds, and around brush piles.? A large area can be searched in less time than with a conventional metal detector.

In addition to using it to look for caves, you can also use it to find wells, old foundations, and bottle dumps.? Kelley (Texas) :)

C

cachenut

As a general detector I did not find it helpful. If you however have a spot something is located but you just do not know where then TM808 is great. But just to go on chance you will find something it is a lot of work.

I heard of a guy who had one and used it for years. He would headed out into the desert with a TM808 and a backhoe.

Other option is to search sand and take along a long probe to stick down and see what is there.

You will understand the word work after you dig up your 4th empty gallon paint can.

Oct 8, 2004
Ferris Texas
jbot said:
Anyone own a White's TM808? For cache hunting, would the 808 be better than a 15" or 25" coil?
I don't know anything about the 808. If anyone does, I would appreciate the info.
I did a search, but this machine has not been talked about much.

Oct 8, 2004
Ferris Texas
I have a TM808, works good, the thing to know about this is get a slund wave going as slow as you can get, very low pitch and very slow, now you can find anything with it, I can find a small item close to me or I can hear a larger item from 15 feet away 2 feet in the ground or hear a very deep item, if the wave starts to speed up stop and turn around very slow when the wave speeds up very slightly stop , advance forwary and it will take you to the item. yes you will dig alot but you will find what you hear, it is the sound of the wave that you want ?if you do not have the wave then you are not using it right, you must get the ground balance right and then you will get the wave if you just listen for ;the sound then you are not using it right. good luck Txtreasurehunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions