Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
jeff of pa said:
I hate seeing people put him down on what he says & does, without any Facts.

Gosh Jeff...it is the same "story" used as the previous "found cache" one. How many more facts ya need? :-\

Your Point ?

He said it's from the same one.

And Remember, Accusations, need to include
Documented Proof, the Case, the Glue holding it shut,
Or whatever is in it, is NOT old enough to have been
owned by the old man.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
jeff of pa said:
Your Point ?

He said it's from the same one.

I made my point, you must have missed it ::)

The story is the same as the original. The pictures of the house however, are different.

No accusations, just look at the pictures provided...they speak volumes

IF I'm Wrong I'll say I'm Wrong.

Give me a link to a Pic of the other House.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: TN Beekrock Horde Saga 2004-2007

SWR said:
bakergeol said:
is this the same box offered before or a different one?

Different box
agree
other one was a aluminium camera style if i member correct with a hole drilled in it and glued over ::)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: TN Beekrock Horde Saga 2004-2007

EDDEKALB said:
SWR said:
bakergeol said:
is this the same box offered before or a different one?

Different box
agree
other one was a aluminium camera style if i member correct with a hole drilled in it and glued over ::)

it's definately a different box. but that dosn't mean much.
he could have found a couple or more.

I personally would have opend them.

But if the House is different , either this is
someone using beeks Story, or he is pulling
a scam himself.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I crawled half way in and to the left. There was a suitcase in there! A very old-fashioned and dusty suitcase. Now, I'm really sorry, but I can't disclose what was in the suitcase. I will tell you that I was a VERY happy camper "
here he contradicts himself ........same link as above

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" I was way too abusive with the box. I chiseled the hinges off, and used a hatchet to chop my way inside. Again, I can't tell you the specific items that were in there, but one of them was very fragile and very freakin' valuable. I destroyed it! I figured it would either be filled with all cash or all gold, but I was wrong."

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
jeff of pa said:
he appeared to still be living in PA at this time

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,67486.0.html

Maybe, eh?

(quote from thread on old server)

"The buried box and the sealed metal box got ditched after I emptied them. I also sold the suitcase found in the wall (nothing special there, just an old suitcase). I obviously still have the metal suitcase. I just got back from Florida last night where I dropped my digital camera overboard while deep-sea fishing I'll try to get pics next week."

http://www.treasurenet.com/f/index.php/topic,3103.msg100265.html#msg100265

JIM,
This is why I'd take you if I was putting an Expedition
Together ;D

Great Detective work. you are starting to convince me.

I still would like to see a picture of the so called "Other House"

EDD ; that still dosn't mean he didn't find several
cases throught the house. I believe he even says
somewhere, he has an Idea what is in it from
one or more he was able to open.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I then detected the hole and got another signal! I dug about another foot until I came to a small trunk wrapped in plastic sheets. The trunk was not in the best shape despite the plastic. It was wood with metal corners and hinges." sorry posted after you did

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do find it hard to believe he kept any cases unopend
this long.

Being I like to Believe in the Good in people,
I like to believe if he Is faking the cases, he is at least
filling them with Worthwhile items from the house.

It makes me wonder IF he has sold others that wern't
caught & posted here.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, well, I thought I had posted my personal feelings about the Beerock or beekrock or whatever incident, but I guess it got zapped? Maybe it was because I used the word "fraud"? Maybe it was because I upset a fairly new member? At any rate, maybe "fraud" was a little strong? Perhaps I should have said "hoax"? And if I upset a new member I did not intend to, I merely was trying to divert a good person or persons from possibly being taken. So, if I came on too strong, I apologize. :-[
So, let me restate my case. I followed the beekrock thread from the very beginning just like many of the "old timers" on Tnet did. At first I bought the story and even suggested ways to help. At first it was believable and we all got very enthusiastic about the good fortune. But then things began to get weird. Mainly things like the mystery trunk , wondering what was it , insinuating it may hold treasure, arousing curiosity, not wanting to open it , but describing it in detail and then to cap it off, offering it to auction on Ebay. And then when strong suspicion was raised about the trunk, it was pulled from ebay. And it was never made clear to me if it was actually put back on and sold or not and then the beekrock disappeared with no word of what had happened. There was no absolute, undisputable proof that the entire thing was a hoax but there was strong indications that it might be. The indisputable evidence was the contents of the trunk itself and it mysteriously disappeared. Now in the courts of all states in the USA, proof of a crime does not have to be proven beyond any doubt and no undisputable proof has to be offered. The burden of proof is beyond a "reasonable " doubt. That has been defined as the degree to which a person of average or above intelligence could draw a conclusin based on the facts presented. Although no crime may have been committed (that we know of) I don't think it dismisses the rule of reasonable doubt in regards to a hoax. That, combined with my extensive background in investigating "hoaxes" led me to believe some of the incident was probably true but the anticlimatic conclusion I reached is that much of it was probably not true. And with that I hope I stated my case diplomatically enough to pass mustard this time? Monty

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well spoken /typed monty!!!!!!!!!! you some it up well 8)

P

peruser

This may just have been someone who borrowed the beekrock story and not the same guy at all.

P

peruser

$788 closing bid.

Hey, I have a couple lockboxes I can glue shut around here somewhere...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh! Beekrock lives again! :D I just contacted the winning bidder and told her (zoogirlzoo) that she must post what was in the box on treasurenet,when it arrives in the mail.We'll see waht happens.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
Ahh! Beekrock lives again! :D I just contacted the winning bidder and told her (zoogirlzoo) that she must post what was in the box on treasurenet,when it arrives in the mail.We'll see waht happens.

COOL, I hope she does.

D

Doktorbob

buscadero said:
If anyone enjoys this type of "Mystery Sale", Check these out too! ???

http://everythingelse.listings.ebay...QfrppZ25QQsacatZ102534QQsocmdZListingItemList

Joe
Hahahah I had to laugh after I started reading some of the "mystery boxes" on eBay. So much crapola filling so many boxes and yet people still bid on them. I mean how many games of hangman and fill in the blanks does it take for one to think that they are getting something of value.

The metal case auction does appear more realistic and interesting... I wish I had placed a bid on it. After all I have thrown away much more money on lesser things in my lifetime! If is it Beekrock or a copycat at least it is interesting and compelling reading!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
diggummup said:
Ahh! Beekrock lives again! :D I just contacted the winning bidder and told her (zoogirlzoo) that she must post what was in the box on treasurenet,when it arrives in the mail.We'll see what happens.

COOL, I hope she does.
Get this! She emailed me back and said she is going to make a video of herself opening the box and then she is going to sell it on Ebay.What a crock!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
jeff of pa said:
diggummup said:
Ahh! Beekrock lives again! :D I just contacted the winning bidder and told her (zoogirlzoo) that she must post what was in the box on treasurenet,when it arrives in the mail.We'll see what happens.

COOL, I hope she does.
Get this! She emailed me back and said she is going to make a video of herself opening the box and then she is going to sell it on Ebay.What a crock!

What is this, A chain-Scam ? :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread