OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Welcome! It's nice knowing that there's a lot of people out there willing to help others. Thanks for the info on the car radios. I have had no luck with them as every time I sell one it seems like the owner says it doesn't work and he wants his money back and I have no idea if it works or not. Same with fishfinders. I see them all the time but I have no way to test them and the marine stores down here don't want to be bothered. But I guess if you get an honest by or you have better luck. I don't see what makes them not work. But I'll keep my eye out for some older ones. Thank you!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great so the lady about my pen lives out of the country I have no idea where sold through the global shipping program. She wants to know now if she can have it mailed to New York instead of where she lives. And I can't change the order. Short of going to the post office and mailing it separately but it's not going to show tracking to her house and she would be able to cancel the order. Get her money back. If it was a $20 item inside the United States and she was in the US that's fine. But I can't change anything going out of country. Blah!!

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it sold through global shipping, then you can print a packing slip you can see the actual address out of the country. I always put this inside the box just in case something happens.

Great so the lady about my pen lives out of the country I have no idea where sold through the global shipping program. She wants to know now if she can have it mailed to New York instead of where she lives. And I can't change the order. Short of going to the post office and mailing it separately but it's not going to show tracking to her house and she would be able to cancel the order. Get her money back. If it was a $20 item inside the United States and she was in the US that's fine. But I can't change anything going out of country. Blah!!

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! Welcome! It's nice knowing that there's a lot of people out there willing to help others. Thanks for the info on the car radios. I have had no luck with them as every time I sell one it seems like the owner says it doesn't work and he wants his money back and I have no idea if it works or not. Same with fishfinders. I see them all the time but I have no way to test them and the marine stores down here don't want to be bothered. But I guess if you get an honest by or you have better luck. I don't see what makes them not work. But I'll keep my eye out for some older ones. Thank you!

I normally sell the radios (and retro video game consoles) as untested and as is. They are valuable just as a "core" but i normally don't offer returns on salvage items like that. You can test a fishfinder fairly easy. Those run on 12v DC so just open the hood of your car connect it to your battery and set it a set distance off the ground (3-4 ft should be sufficient). It will either read correctly or not. I don't believe that they have to actually be in water for the radar to work. A brick on the ground should simulate a fish pretty well too. But i wouldn't buy any with the thought of reselling unless it's a fairly modern one. Like all technology those have advanced a long long ways just in the last decade and i think it would be a very limited market for one any older than a couple of years.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread