Tnet has a great photographer on board! Please welcome him

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would like to introduce you all to Bob Szabo. Bob is a friend of mine and a novice metal detectorist with a passion for recovering and photographing History. I had no idea just how good a photographer he was until I visited his site recently. www.robertszabo.com Bob's work has made may front covers of magazines. In April of 2005 one of Robert's images appeared on the cover of National Geographic to accompany an article on the fight to save Civil War battlefields from modern development. His work was displayed on Capitol Hill in conjunction with the National Geographic article. :hello2: Also in 2005, Robert worked with the History Channel on the series “10 Days that Changed America”, and in August of that year he shot the entire 2006 Jack Daniel's Squires Calendar on location in Lynchburg, Tennessee using the wet plate process. http://www.robertszabo.com/process.html This calendar was sent out to more than 250,000 people worldwide.

Bob goes by "rjs123" here on tnet. Please welcome him. :hello:

Check out his National Geographic Cover and other awesome pics by clicking on the link here.
www.robertszabo.com
Redford_CW_Cover9.jpg
Bob latest front cover Parade Magazine with Robert Redford
Read more here http://www.joeloehle.com/blog/?p=2661

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob is a Good guy and a very welcome addition to TNet. I would introduce myself but we already have done that when you and he came down to dig and now are good friends. His photography is second to none in his area of expertise!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Welcome to the site Bob. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Welcome, Bob Szabo, to TNet! I think I've heard your name before.

Nice photo of Redford, certainly worthy of the Parade cover. Haven't seen the photos in National Geographic yet, but will be looking for them.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob,
Welcome to Tnet. Any guy that is a friend of Mike's is not a friend of mine. :tongue3: :laughing9:
I remember that Parade edition with Robert Redford. Mike and I were talking about it when it came out and then he told me you took the shots! Awesome job.
I'm hoping to get up there to meet you and hunt with the VA Four soon. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing all of your finds.
-Doug-
P.S. Is Mike still wearing his good luck red nail polish when he detects? :love1:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Greetings Bob, Welcome to Tnet. After checking out the sites posted here, I will say it
was a great article and pics. I'll have to watch for that movie and watch it. Sounds interesting.
Good luck with your continued photography,
Ray

stagger

Sep 29, 2010
Carrizozo, NM
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado Umax * Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet, Bob.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet, Bob. I'm a Polaroid Square Shooter 2 type of photographer, but I study the pics posted here and try to improve.

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
Bob are there, hello, hello, paging Bob :hello2:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmm ................. So where is Bob?

Brian

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy Bob! Welcome to one of the best sites on the web. I look forward to seeing some of your work.
Mike :icon_thumright:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, thank you for the warm welcome..

Tuberale, I think you may have me mixed up with my cousin Kevin Sorbo, the actor....

I'm glad many of you took the time to visit my site and enjoyed he work...

Oh, sorry... I'm not Bob, but I wish I were. He does have some really interesting work on his website, and I'll go back and read about the process and upcoming projects. Most of those Civil War pictures popped off the page, you have a great eye and captured the feel of that era to a tee.

I hope to see some of you work posted here too, that will be an interesting take on this hobby. :icon_thumleft:

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Bob, Welcome you will like it here.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Bob.. excellent photo's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread