Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
r.i.p jay.....

JASON C. MARLES
Jason C. Marles, 32, of Point Pleasant Beach, was called home by the Lord on Thursday, Nov. 25, 2010. Known to his family and friends as Jay, he was born in Toms River and graduated from Central Regional High School in Berkeley Township where he was the only Freshman who played on the Varsity Soccer team. Jay was voted Best Looking, Most Popular and Class Clown and was always able to put a smile on everyone's face. Jay began his Police Career with the Seaside Heights Police Department as a Class II Officer where he worked for three years. He went on to further his career with the Ocean Gate Police Department, where he was a 9 Year veteran and a role model to the entire community. Jay never changed his person as an Officer. He was the same outstanding individual on duty and off and he wore his heart on his sleeve. He loved his job, town and the community. He wasn't a cop he was a Peace Officer. He didn't need to use a gun, he had a smile that could disarm you. His true passions in life were his two beautiful children and his wife, who was the love of his life. His relationship with his Mom and their bond was one of a kind. Jay was a family man, putting family and friends before himself. He was an avid surfer, fisherman and four wheeler.
He was predeceased by his Grandmother, Dorothy Sullivan. Surviving are his two beautiful children daughter, Taryn age 5 and son, Landon age 4; the love of his life, his wife, Ginny; his mom & best friend, Patricia Engrassia; his dad, Sheldon Marles; sister, Samantha; his second dad, Joseph Engrassia Jr.; grandparents, James (Sully) & Roberta Sullivan & Anna Hamilton; his stepsister, Brianna and stepbrother, Joey. He also leaves behind many cherished aunts, uncles, cousins and his newborn nephew, Shane Michael Marles. We will all miss your smile and ability to make us laugh, until we meet again. WE LOVE YOU

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry about the sensless loss of your friend...d2

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so tragic and such young kids
makes ya wanna just ---XXX-------ugh
sorry for your loss

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry here too...hate to be the driver.

OP
OP
pinebarrens1

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know the kids are well taken care of . onlt time will heal the heart . i thought i was going to die last night when i heard them crying for there daddy .. i havent cryed in along time . god bless you jay ....

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pinebarrens1 said:
i know the kids are well taken care of . onlt time will heal the heart . i thought i was going to die last night when i heard them crying for there daddy .. i havent cryed in along time . god bless you jay ....

Oh My God that is heartbreaking!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heart breaking, I truly am so very sorry to hear this.. those poor little kids too..breaks your heart.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry to hear that news. And our sympathies and thoughts are with the family and friends.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drunk drivers should loose their drivers license on first offence for life. This Cra* has got to end..Thay can take the bus >:(

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Very sad....poor kids :(

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
I am sorry for your loss.

What a huge waste of a human life by a person who used horrible judgement by driving after drinking.
I will never understand why folks do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread