To all the hunters of TNET Pasture Hunt 2006

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
I've already posted once and wasn't sure if it's cool if I do so again. I'm not real familiar with TNETand I posted on a thread but I think it'll be ok. I'm not computer stupid, just TNET stupid. I'm on for good now. Ya'll may get tired of me.
Anyway, thanks again for all the great times at the hunt. I met so many great people and ended up going with a few on Sunday to hunt some sites in Jefferson City, Mo. I migrated into a group of crazy folks once I had arrived Friday for the dinner at the American Legion (which was awesome by the way). The group consisted of Mike and Eric from Kansas, Alan (Oberkill), John (Schloopy) (which by the way had the most awesome collection of arrowheads and assorted relics that I've ever dreamed of) from Kansas City, Mo., Eddy and his GF from Illinoissssss (thanks to these good folk from Illinois for allowing me the opportunity to get my butt chewed out for not knowing that their State's pronunciation is with a silent "S" at the end). They scared me after that. Believe me, I was on my guard. I'm just a simple redneck from Tennessee..... Please folks, understand that.....Ha, ha! We pronounce the way it looks..... You Illinois folk are crazy but cool... I got a big kick out of Nana and her husband, great Alabama folk.......River Rat and her husband (Coonasses). I mean that in a good way....Ya'll understand don't you? Am I eating my foot yet? Jim from Tn and his son I enjoyed talking to, about my home state of course. I haven't lived there for some time. If some of ya'll didn't know.....I'm in the Army, I'm stationed here in Missouri at Ft. Leonard Wood. I've been in the Army for going on 18 years and yes, I do look forward to retirement in 2 years. Yeaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Futher more, Ron (Warsawdaddy) and his son, Steve (whom I hope is doing better after his surgery), burdie and all the others that I hate to say I don't remember their names. Please forgive me.
Thanks Nana for posting all the pics. Alex was very excited that you mentioned him on the internet and he so looks forward to smoking everyone in our next raffle/hunt get together.
Ron mentioned in his post that someone had gotten directions from a Warsaw policeman for the VFW....That was me, he was correct in what he said. I did ask the policeman for directions to the VFW...I followed his directions and they sent me to the American Legion. I was just as confused I think as he was. Anyway I made it. And how lucky I was to be there to meet all you good folk. I look forward to future hunts and hope to see you all again.....
Oh and hey guys, if there's anyone out there that's close to me and would like to hunt sometimes please feel free to ask. I don't mind traveling a couple hours for some good finds. Here's why!!!!! I need to hunt as much as possible before 3 January. On the third of Jan I will be undergoing back surgery. I am getting two lumbar fusions with two rods and 6 screws added for stabilization. Simply, they are taking out some discs, fusing some bones and adding some hardware. Yep, painful I think. I will be out of work for 3 to 4 months with 6 months to a years worth of Physical Therapy. I need to do some hunting before then and I hate hunting by myself.

HH to all and take care....

V/R

Rockscott00

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure Net Rock! Hope your back surgery goes well, heal up quick and start swinging that coil! I'm retired from the Army also, been out since 1997!

Be careful when you get outta the hospital with your new hardware, take things slowly and you'll be up and going before no time.

Thanks for posting, HH/The Night Stalker... ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we had a goodtime Scott
we had a blast in Missour-eye ;) ;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget you were also why the hunt was so great. Friday was a neat time also. I hope you can get back to detecting after your therapy. Be patient. A good friend

Burdie

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Hey Scott,a real pleasure to meet you.I know you'll meet that surgery and rehab with the same 'can do' attitude that has made you a career army guy.I hope everyone saw your awesome display of your finds and IF you need someone to kinda watch over them while you are recuperating,just let me know.I'll let you know if a little hunt materializes in a wk or two. (Lance is my son,Steve owns Central MO Detectors and hangs with JD).I can't keep names and faces straight either,no problem.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
It was nice meeting you. I am glad you were able to still get your room. I also enjoyed your company in the field. It was nice to have you there when I pulled my second button out of the ground. I wish it could of been 3 instead of that darn nail. Good luck on your surgery. Lucky1777 from IllinoiS :D

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Sure was nice to meet you to scot.Had a great time with all of you nuts.Mr. dekalb love the pimp hat,should've worn it to the hunt.Your poor girlfriend,haha!Had a great time BS'n with john and oberkill.And finally got to meet my old buddy Eric in ks.We have been talking to one another on the internet for over a year and finally meet fri. on the way to warsaw.Charlie thanks for letting me play your guitar,hope i didn't hurt your ears to bad.Warsaw daddy and son,nice to meet and talk to you both.River rat nice talking to you too.I know i'm forgetting people,but there were so many faces and names..Special thanks to J.D. for putting the hunt together.As soon as i can get my wife to take pic's of my finds i will post them.....Hope everybody takes care and get's out to do some hunting.........RH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just post away Scott! Heck...look at my numbers! :D I'm thinking about getting rid of the Nana and changing to someone else just to loose those numbers! :D
It was great to meet you and Alex! Hope you get out and find bunches of keepers, and then when you have your operation, you can use that time for research on your next summer hunts. ;)

Hope to see you guys again! Nana :)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post and I hope that back job goes well for you! HH, Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Scott-
What a Blast we had especially Friday night,Alex is the most Awesome kid, tell him Theresa said hi! I love the pictures Ive seen so far. He's a Great kid. Keep up the good work Dad!!! :) :) Hope to see you and your whole family in the near future, your good people. Best of luck w/ your surgery. Theresa (Ed's A.S.S.)

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi Scott,
It was great meeting you and that Little Winner you had there with you. Alex is a great kid!! You and I talked about your Army situation, but you didn't mention your back surgery coming up. Just take it easy afterward and DO ALL YOUR THERAPY! You'll be digging again before you know it~
Let us know before your surgery comes due so we can keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Gotta have you and Alex back for the next dig. ;) -Noodle

OP
OP
ridge_runner

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Hey all,

Thanks for the replies. Good to hear from you all. Once again I must say that I had a great time at the hunt. It's good to see all of the finds posted as there were many. There were some great hunters out there. I'm suprised more wasn't found!!!!! Not enough time in the day I guess.
Alex says hello to everyone. He also expresses his sorrow to all for his winning so many prizes. He, he! He was so excited to see his picture on the internet. He is a great kid! I also have a wonderful daughter who's almost 11 and ofcourse a wonderful wife....Oh, and her age is not important. She's just beautiful and always has been and will continue to be so. (Can I go out and play now babe)!!!! Ha, ha! She would be a wonderful addition to the A.S.S.! Everytime I say I'm going TH'ing she says, " Oh, going geeking again aye!". That's what she calls metal detecting. She doesn't complain when I come home with gold though!!!!!!!
Well folks, until next time. Take care all.

HH,

Rockscott00

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to bring those two great gals with you next year Scott! I'm sure they would have a great time too! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions