Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I realize this is alittle over the top but I decided to start using my new coin swatter for underneath coinstar machines(haven't used it yet)....but only in areas that are out of sight of people and store employees etc...I cut out alittle cardboard piece attached it to the end of the flyswatter and added black electrical tape on the edge...hence the name coinswatter... tested it on my table...it did ok...I think the edge needs to be alittle straighter.

Keep you posted 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20240423_191009109.jpg
    IMG_20240423_191009109.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20240423_191031577.jpg
    IMG_20240423_191031577.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are tons of loose coins under the coinstars, I have seen them roll out the coin box and whatever misses or bounces out the armored car driver doesn't sweep them up he just rolls a new box in place.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are tons of loose coins under the coinstars, I have seen them roll out the coin box and whatever misses or bounces out the armored car driver doesn't sweep them up he just rolls a new box in place.
I'm alittle hesitant to try my "coin swatter". But I think you are right about coins being underneath the coinstar.... I know of a couple coinstar locations that I can be discreet...and if I can get enough coins I will think the risk of embarrassment will be worth the risk. :)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstars are on wheels.

Roll aside... roll back... easy peasy.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see results. If it works well then you should patent it. I will buy one that shows results....lol
I love it! Yes it's the new coin swatter...tired of not being able to reach coins under that coinstar machine😯...do you get frustrated when your fingers can't reach that out of reach silver coin....?😯

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
It's also kinda awkward looking down through the holes in the basket to see if any precious metal objects made their way down there and can be retrieved with a stick and some two-way tape, but that doesn't stop me!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time i saw something stuck up in the basket... looked like paper of some sort... so i pulled on it.. and wah lah !
Coins came a flowing.
nothing good but foriegn crap... and a few other odds and ends... but hey.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's also kinda awkward looking down through the holes in the basket to see if any precious metal objects made their way down there and can be retrieved with a stick and some two-way tape, but that doesn't stop me!
A man after my own heart 😊

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another coin grabber prototype you might try.
tumblr_na7sqtSJMR1ro8ysbo1_r1_500.gifv
LOL

• Haha
Reactions: ARC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions