To My Uncle Arthur

Captain Clad

Sep 13, 2007
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 505, White's Bullseye II
I felt it necessary to add a few comments about my father's uncle, always known to me as "Uncle Arthur"........one of those quiet kind of guys, never married, lived at home with mother his entire life........but all I ever knew him to do was gold prospecting and metal detecting, one of the VERY early ones to do so, and one of my few lasting memories from inside his house was a large suitcase filled with silver dollars.....but I digress.....

Uncle Arthur is also the one responsible for planting the detecting seed in me, when he gave me my first detector in 1973 or 1974, because he had purchased a new one. I spent that entire summer covering the family's 20+ acres, finding several of my fathers childhood toys, the location of a blacksmith shop, etc.......really hooked me good!!

Well, I was visiting my grandfather this afternoon, and talk turned to detecting.........

Imagine my surprise when my uncle walked me outside and opened up the garage door........

Can you guess??

If you said my original detector, you move to the bonus round --- a nice Garrett Electronics Corp, still hanging on a nail in the garage, with both coils --- ready to go back to work with me - and just check out all of the intricate gadgetry!! Swing it and listen for the "vrrrpt" if I remember right........

Attachments

• garrett02.JPG
    garrett02.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 231
  • garrett03.JPG
    garrett03.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 239

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
just think of all the hours you spent swinging that one.

now think of all the memories you have now, from back then

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread