To the E-Trac owners

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am interested in upgrading my detector to the e trac. I want your review of the machine and your honest opinion. I'm really looking forward to this upgrade so that I can have all of the famed technology and separation compared to my x terra 305 and since I can't afford the ctx 3030, this seems like the best option for me. I do understand the hours required to learn it though so I feel I am prepared but is rather hear your opinions first. Thanks

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I read too much when I first got mine, had it since March of this year. While I was waiting for it, I surfed around and collected all the configuration modes & settings I could find. Downloaded the emulator - which was very good learning the menu. I read post after post about other users experiences. And I read Andy Sabisch's book - a gotta have!

But all of this I think actually delayed my learning curve. I believe I ignored the basics. I thought for a while something was wrong with my machine. And it was driving me crazy.

So, I woke up, deleted all those settings I had loaded on it, and went back to the basics. And I also returned to the basics of metal detecting - learning just what the machine is telling me. Only then did I actually learn the machine, I'd had information overload. All these other things, including Andy's book, are best reviewed AFTER learning the machine on a personal basis - in my opinion and experience.

Pin pointing will give you a bit of a fit, but you'll get that nailed down.

The raw power of it is amazing, but sometimes awfully frustrating - like that seemed like a half hour I spent trying to find that BB at 6"

I love the machine and do not regret spending the money for it.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great advice, deep seeker, I also have the E-Trac, It takes a little bit to learn it, but in all honesty it's a great machine, you won't be disappointed, you already have some minelab experience from the 305, so you should be able to get to know it fairly quick. Happy hunting w/ your new E-Trac, when you get it! DD.

Red Snapper

Jul 9, 2013
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Fisher pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can e-tracs be used on wet sand or salt water for that matter? Been looking for a new detector and minelab looks to be a good fit. Would like the 3030 but also cannot afford it. Should I wait until I can or would the e-trac be a good all around machine?

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The E-Trac works great in the salt and mineralization. It isn't waterproof, so only submerge the coil. It is a slower swing speed than most, but that's because it is processing a lot of information. Andy's book is a must have, we include it with all E-Tracs and CTX 3030s we sell.

It's different than the X-Terras, but the ferrous numbers are similar to the X-terra numbers.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions