worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a soul around this morning...except turkeys.

DSCN9557.JPG

Showers kept the grass from being cut,last time I mowed was Thursday and T-storms tomorrow..crap,now I'll have to raise the mower decks,some areas are going to be REALLY HIGH.:tongue3:

These flowers are exploding like crazy..

DSCN9561.JPG

DSCN9563.JPG

I am really looking forward to these REALLY SWEET melons,dry season does that.I count 63 that I can see.

Heirloom all the way,none of that Hybrid crap!

DSCN9570.JPG

DSCN9571.JPG

No idea why the bright spot showed up,it was pretty overcast.

DSCN9608.JPG

This years young..

DSCN9652.JPG

DSCN9623.JPG

DSCN9628.JPG

Ready on the left.. DSCN9638.JPG

Ready on the right.. DSCN9635.JPG

Ready on the water front.. DSCN9653.JPG

Commence swimming.. DSCN9654.JPG

I'm always looking for stuff when the water goes down,only half,I don't think it will hold coffee.

DSCN9622.JPG

This gull was feeding on a fish..

DSCN9588.JPG

Suddenly this guy landed and it was a stand off..

DSCN9582.JPG

Guess he didn't like dead fish,off he flew.

I walked over to check it out and see it was a sucker..

DSCN9594.JPG

This guy is patiently swimming back and forth waiting for another bite..

DSCN9631.JPG

So I backed off and here he comes.. DSCN9629.JPG
DSCN9630.JPG
DSCN9656.JPG

One last shot of the Cormorants..

DSCN9620.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice-looking melons! I'm hoping to grow some Carolina Cross melons some time. Would be cool to have a 300 lb. melon to rip open, eat the heart and throw the rest away! :laughing9:

Great pics of the redhead. That's a beautiful bird.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice-looking melons! I'm hoping to grow some Carolina Cross melons some time. Would be cool to have a 300 lb. melon to rip open, eat the heart and throw the rest away! :laughing9:

Great pics of the redhead. That's a beautiful bird.

They got a late start,I figure another 2 weeks anyway,the light color are 15 lb.+.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a bad thing about up here - by the time we're starting our garden, most folks are already starting to reap the bounty from theirs. Is almost too short a season here even for tomatoes.

Speaking of tomatoes, we were having ground squirrels rob all the tomatoes, then they started sampling the bell peppers - ruined all but 3. So bought some new traps. Got 2 squirrels within a week, but also just discovered a small bird in one. Had the traps baited with some old pecans. Guess the bird figured out they were food. Too bad - was one of the beneficial birds that didn't mess with vegetables. ...Fortunately, haven't seen any bluejays this year!! :headbang:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a bad thing about up here - by the time we're starting our garden, most folks are already starting to reap the bounty from theirs. Is almost too short a season here even for tomatoes.

Speaking of tomatoes, we were having ground squirrels rob all the tomatoes, then they started sampling the bell peppers - ruined all but 3. So bought some new traps. Got 2 squirrels within a week, but also just discovered a small bird in one. Had the traps baited with some old pecans. Guess the bird figured out they were food. Too bad - was one of the beneficial birds that didn't mess with vegetables. ...Fortunately, haven't seen any bluejays this year!! :headbang:

I had deer hit my tomatoes twice this year..so far that is.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We've got a green plastic mesh that surrounds our tiny crop. Besides, deer don't "usually" come right up to the wall of the house. The house adds early-season warmth, plus protection from the ferocious winds. Have already had lows below freezing this year, so the house is also a thermal mass against early frosts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions