Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Resized_20170506_100246.jpg

I went over today to check on the Hayfield, it is now going to be a cornfield (that's a bad thing, you know what I mean Stumbles/WIF) but also a good thing. This field has not been turned in a long time I'm sure. I've been busy fishing, here is one of my recent catches.
Resized_20170423_113336.jpg Resized_IMG_20170424_140017_393.jpg

I spent about three hours there and found some more neat stuff. I forgot to say, the 69 cal musket ball is pewter.
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad
Resized_20170506_115220.jpg 20170506_1207201.jpg Resized_20170506_151845.jpg Resized_20170506_151820.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Hi Brad,
Be careful out there fishing, if you get your arm pulled off by one of those giant striped Bass, you won't be able to swing your metal detector anymore! I know that is quite a thrill to hook and land such a nice sized fish. I enjoy your posts with the neat Colonial to modern coins and artifacts you find. You are a very good photographer too. Those landscape and sunset pictures you sometimes post have a fine art quality, and are suitable for framing.
Best of Luck,
Phil

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm drooling over that Striper! What a beautiful ( tasty) fish. Can't wait til they make it up here to Massachusetts. Great " catches" all around!! Congrats!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You crazy mofo. Nice finds all around. That's living the dream to hook some fish and then go dig some dirt Brother. You're looking good buddy. Congrats on the eagle 🦅

Steve

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. I have caught a ton of smaller stripers but I dont think any were that big

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sweet finds, a flying eagle to boot. Now the stripers, we have those here in Arkansas, my biggest for Lake Ouachita is 42 pounds. it is good for the soul to have a fishing pole bent over by something that can fight like a striper or a hybrid

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet FE cent, congrats on a fun looking day

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice striper Brad! Its trophy season now right? I'd say that one was big enough to keep :icon_thumright: Nice hunt too and I'm glad they're turning that field so I can enjoy some more posts of the stuff you find there. ha The title of this post described the weekend of hunting I had... pretty much exactly. ha I'll get a post together next week to show.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good Brad!! Glad to see you are out hunting and Fishing!!
Thanks, 53 pounds so far, I'm doing this all the way from now on.

Hi Brad,
Be careful out there fishing, if you get your arm pulled off by one of those giant striped Bass, you won't be able to swing your metal detector anymore! I know that is quite a thrill to hook and land such a nice sized fish. I enjoy your posts with the neat Colonial to modern coins and artifacts you find. You are a very good photographer too. Those landscape and sunset pictures you sometimes post have a fine art quality, and are suitable for framing.
Best of Luck,
Phil
Thank you Phil, here are a couple pix from the other day, I was out on the boat by myself. Most people don't know, the reason I got started in this hobby was because I had bought a piece of sh%t Tracker all welded boat that came apart at the seams. I lost 8 grand on that boat. Long story short, I was boatless for a few years and I started "dirt fishing" Then I needed a boat to metal detect in the water. (always back to the water)
Resized_20170426_194227.jpg Resized_20170426_180325.jpg

Awesome relics, buttons, copper and Flying Eagle!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks

I'm drooling over that Striper! What a beautiful ( tasty) fish. Can't wait til they make it up here to Massachusetts. Great " catches" all around!! Congrats!
Yummy dinners lately at my home, thanks, hope you catch some slobs!

You crazy mofo. Nice finds all around. That's living the dream to hook some fish and then go dig some dirt Brother. You're looking good buddy. Congrats on the eagle 🦅

Steve
Thanks buddy

Awesome finds and awesome job on the strippers
Thanks Tex

Congrats on the nice rock fish and finds
Rockfish rock Art, thanks

Nice finds! :occasion14:
Thanks Doc.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I have caught a ton of smaller stripers but I dont think any were that big
Thanks, I'm blessed to live in an area where there are nice finds around, I love being outdoors.

sweet finds, a flying eagle to boot. Now the stripers, we have those here in Arkansas, my biggest for Lake Ouachita is 42 pounds. it is good for the soul to have a fishing pole bent over by something that can fight like a striper or a hybrid
Here is my biggest ever, I personally have caught more than a handful of over 40 pounders View attachment striper king.bmp

Sweet FE cent, congrats on a fun looking day
It was good, I'm grateful to have been able to go, thanks

That's a nice striper Brad! Its trophy season now right? I'd say that one was big enough to keep :icon_thumright: Nice hunt too and I'm glad they're turning that field so I can enjoy some more posts of the stuff you find there. ha The title of this post described the weekend of hunting I had... pretty much exactly. ha I'll get a post together next week to show.
I have noticed before, numerous time that people will all over the states find the same kinds of coins within days of each other. Thanks Brad, you should come up and hit some of these fields with me starting next Nov.
Resized_20170504_100630.jpg

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have noticed before, numerous time that people will all over the states find the same kinds of coins within days of each other. Thanks Brad, you should come up and hit some of these fields with me starting next Nov.
View attachment 1448298

Noticed the same thing too. Funny how things come in waves it seems. I'd be down for swinging by this fall... I need to shake your hand and say hey in person.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like your killing it in both your fishing hobbies Brad. :icon_thumright: Love the FE, it still eludes my coil though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread