SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday and my last find of the day was a toasted IHP. Probably my last find for the year since the weather here just went south!

Here's a pic of the front - nothing obvious...

IHP Obverse.JPG

Here's a pic of the back - look for the wreath in the top of the coin...

IHP Reverse.JPG

Upvote 7
OP
OP
SD51

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry - it's not a wreath, it's a shield!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Indian Head. Nice coin to end the season with. It's snowing here now. Expecting 1 to 3 inches over night. I dig until the snow gets too deep or the ground freezes.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang!! :BangHead: Would have been great to find that IHP in better shape.........something to smile about during the winter months. Almost makes you want to brave the weather just a liiiiiittle longer to find a better coin/relic??
Still, an IHP is a great find!!

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great work on your find IH. I got my second ever this week and wondered if you will clean yours. Mine is 1905 so not a critical date and terrible condition. I want to try and clean mine. Was gonna try peroxide after the water and detergent soaking. What do you think.

OP
OP
SD51

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with trying to clean it to at least determine what the date is. I saw a short video about how they cleaned the Spanish coin found on the Oak Island show. It was copper and they soaked it in citric acid for about 1.5 hours and were able to read the date. I know I'm not going to use vinegar and salt ever again. It tears the coin up.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice final Hunt find! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread