guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well finds were meager to say the least this morning at lido beach . Murph and I got out there at first light , Swang the coils for few hours . Went home with no gold ..I got a salad spoon and some clad . Murph ended the morning with some clad as well.. Oh well will try again this week .
first pic is my stuff and second pic is what murph got ..
Guzz1

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 387
Upvote 0

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Guzz pretty much said it.

Quite, sanded and target poor. No ones in the water and slathering on the lotion. If it were not for the little junk jewelry skull and bones charm on sat morning it would have been 4 consecutive hunts in a row of just clad/trash. My worst slump with the sov since its purchase. At least the weather has cooled down for some more comfortable hunting. We just need some waves and things will pick up I hope.

Attachments

• skull.jpeg.jpg
    skull.jpeg.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 288

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
I've had days like this.... seems like they always run for a together for a few months and then "bang" your finding all kindsa stufff. I usually tell myself "better days are ahead" just be persistant. :-\

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
It was definitely a live and learn take the good with the bad weekend. You could literally watch the gentle surf sanding things out. A small cut was present just a few feet from high water mark and with a outgoing tide I figured it would be exposed in an hour. Not to be however as the cut followed the outgoing tide and always remained a few feet under water.

I need to get another kayak and head to the inter coastal for some fishing when things are like this. Of course when the red tide will roll in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread