GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clad halves being sucked from circulation by the cashiers at the local fast food place.

After I paid and sat down to wait for my food, I could hear the cashiers talking to each other and the halves clanking around for what seemed like 2 minutes (they weren't very busy at the time). I overheard one of them say rather excitedly 'Those are half dollars!!'. I glanced back shortly thereafter and saw one of the cashiers buying them out of the register. ;D

My couple of banks stops didn't produce much of anything coin wise ($30 in halves were a bust). Though I did get a crisp $50 from 1974 when cashing in some rejects. Probably just end up spending it as I doubt I could sell it for over $50, but until I need it I might as well keep it crisp for a few more days as its already lasted over 30 years.

I also learned some interesting news (good news for my CRHing, I think) regarding one my banks armored car companies, but in case its not public knowledge I won't share it just yet.

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
"I also learned some interesting news (good news for my CRHing, I think) regarding one my banks armored car companies, but in case its not public knowledge I won't share it just yet."

You sir are a tease! :P ROFL

I received a wheat cent in change today from a self serve check-out at Walmart. I got all excited over a wheatie,now that's sick isn't it. LOL I kept wondering how many more were in the machine.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Gman !!! You can't hold out on us :'( Just kiddin'. I am interested to hear it
though, once you decide to spill the beans.

I kinda learned something about my own service as well, which sounded good for my CRH.
Probably in no way connected, but ya never know.

Funny story about the Fast Food employees LOL. Its a phenomenon... I took a few one night
to buy into the weekly poker night. One of the other players bought them all when I got them
out. I was like "no problem", you want more ? It was as if I laid out Morgans or Gold coins LOL.

Happy searchin'

OP
OP
G

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sir are a tease! ROFL

::) ::) ::)

What I heard will be public knowledge in less than a month from what I understand. I just don't know if its considered "insider information" with regards to stocks and such so I don't want to get anyone in trouble (myself included) by saying something when I shouldn't. For all I know, its a local thing and is going to be such a tiny blip on the stock prices that it doesn't matter.

When I did a quick search on the web I couldn't find any news releases stating what I heard, so until I know for sure its public its best I stay quiet. :)

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
I think the fed should be paying us to look at halfs. Think about it... They are making these Pres dollars because it costs them $.25 to make each one? People hoard them and bam.. they made $.75 cents. We take coins they already have... spend them and for some odd reason people hoard them. Same thing right? I am actually suprised how much people want them.... They aren't even shy about it. I went to the bakery with $20 in halfs paid for some valentines goodies thinking I was being a pain giving her all those halfs. She said "not at all.... Nancy collects them." Then she said " This guy just paid with a bunch of half dollars you want to buy them" Sure as night she bought all of them. She thought I was kidding when I asked if she would be interested in a bag full of them I had in my truck. ;D So thats what me and my wife use instead of bills. It gets quite a reaction. Most of the people want to keep them.
GMan00001 said:
I also learned some interesting news (good news for my CRHing, I think) regarding one my banks armored car companies, but in case its not public knowledge I won't share it just yet.

Thats pretty mean!! Now you MUST tell us.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......I received a wheat cent in change today from a self serve check-out at Walmart. I got all excited over a wheatie,now that's sick isn't it. LOL I kept wondering how many more were in the machine.

Boy, you sure got your penny's worth didn't you? ;)

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
A teller at one of my dump banks gets exited when I bring my searched boxes in....she said she doesn't care if they are silver or not, she saves them in a jar to pay for her kids college education someday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread