partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro, bounty hunter quick silver,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0617171437.jpg 0617171437b.jpg 0617171437c.jpg

I went out for 2 hours was hot but i had fun found the 1945 wheaty and a cat tag , clamp, and horse shoe that was deep! But cool, iv been busy with work so im happy to get out for little

Upvote 18

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today too, partner...whew!.. the heat was horrible with absolutely no breeze..and the ground is hard as concrete. Hope you didn't find the rest of "Whiskers"!...Ddf

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never seen such round horseshoe like that. Weird looking. Congrats on the finds.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen such round horseshoe like that. Weird looking. Congrats on the finds.

I was just getting ready to make the same comment. Very peculiar and way cool example of an iron horse shoe. I dug several but not one as rounded as that one. Hmmm?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today too, partner...whew!.. the heat was horrible with absolutely no breeze..and the ground is hard as concrete. Hope you didn't find the rest of "Whiskers"!...Ddf

I have been contemplating whether to go out with my AT Pro and get into a local stream. The humidity today here is dreadful. Sucking on cold sun tea viewing other folks finds might be my best option.8-)

OP
OP
partner

partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea ground was hard r right but that won't stop me from digging, no whiskers found lucky, thanks

OP
OP
partner

partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks yea it's nice one be nother one for the collection

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been contemplating whether to go out with my AT Pro and get into a local stream. The humidity today here is dreadful. Sucking on cold sun tea viewing other folks finds might be my best option.8-)

Kurios...get that ATPro and hit that stream! Be a perfect day for it if it's as hot there as it is here. If you've never dunked that unit, no fear, just make sure your connections are tight. I've never completely submerged mine, coil only but worked flawlessly. Happy fishin! Ddf

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kurios...get that ATPro and hit that stream! Be a perfect day for it if it's as hot there as it is here. If you've never dunked that unit, no fear, just make sure your connections are tight. I've never completely submerged mine, coil only but worked flawlessly. Happy fishin! Ddf

LOL ! I got as far as walking down the sidewalk to my tiny stream and finding a few pieces of iron and a melted blob of aluminum. Headed right back into the AC after about twenty minutes tops. I have dunked my AT Pro. I do make certain all my sealed connections are tight as heck. The creek I want to hunt is still a bit high and "muddy". Since I hunt solo I prefer the water to be "clear" so I can actually go under and visibly recover my targets in the deeper water. Not to mention if I drown the local authorities will better be able to recover my corpse.:laughing7: Heck, I might go out yet tonight if I get feeling closed in. Adios amigo.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
applaud_01.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE FINDS Partner :..
Thanks for sharing!

metal_detector.gif
I pulled this from another TN thread - your shoe kind of looks like "number 5" (this is just one of the replies in the thread)...

The information that was provided was found in the book: Artifacts of Colonial America by Ivor Noel Hume. (Don't shoot the messenger-call the author!) As noted, dating horseshoes is difficult at best. As with any hand-made item, the maker has the liberty to make it as he/she wishes. A current gunmaker could easily produce a flintlock rifle with all the early fixtures, but it obviously would not be old. Same thing with an ancient spear/arrow point. All one can do is go with the professional studies that have been documented and make your best guess.
tn_horse_shoes.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
partner

partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your hunt.
My hunt got cut short due to a 3 hour rainfall.

Thanks, that stinks i detected in the ran but no down fall im dedicated but not when its poring and lightning hope u found some good stuff before it rain

OP
OP
partner

partner

Feb 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always consider finding a horseshoe good luck for some reason. Ox shoes on the other hand...not so much!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread