Today I attacked the dimes as I have no more boxes of halves this week

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I did a few more dimes again today. And so far they are consistant about 2 on average per 500.

Today I searched 580 and found 2 1964 rosies. Hey it is a little silver on my non half hunting days.

-Golden Silver

Sorry no pics. I just did not feel motivated for just two dimes. Oh and I aslo found a 10 cent barbados, 10 cent bermuda, and 3 clad canadians.

Upvote 0

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
Congrats on the dimes. They have not been quite as consistent in my area. I have done 16 boxes this year with mediocre results.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on those dimes! :thumbsup:

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. Only got 2 of 11 boxes of halves last week. So I did 8 boxes of dimes. 7 silvers. My area is not as good as your area.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Fair warning to you: Our bank's machines counted a lot of my dimes as pennies. I have stopped dimes due to this. Keep your eye open when you dump and let me know if the machine you use misreads your dimes too.

Thanks,
Anthony

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey thanks Anthony good heads up. I have not noticed but I was not looking. I will this next time. I have noticed that coin machines act differently based on location. For example some reject alot of coin while others not at all. Have you noticed this? One machine at my bank just recently must have gotten calibrated or something because it used to reject alot of coin now it does not.

-golden silver

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Fair warning to you: Our bank's machines counted a lot of my dimes as pennies. I have stopped dimes due to this. Keep your eye open when you dump and let me know if the machine you use misreads your dimes too.

Thanks,
Anthony
mine too Anthony.....happened more than once but never more than a dime or two....i know others here who got it alot worse.....al from TD bank

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
When I noticed it, it was major. Like 40 dimes out of $500 worth. We live nearby and use the same bank, and it is not a TD bank. I only wish they would sell me they penny bags :(. Ive begged, pleaded, and they flat out refuse. They let me only have one when I complained my dimes were in there. But they insisted several times over that I would never get another bag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread