today i became old

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes they do. When you hook them to the back of your pants then up over your shoulder and hook the front end to the detector box it really takes all the weight off of the machine. You can swing all day like that!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Real de Tayopa said:
hio lover, I have a pair in the closet but have never put them on, will now do so. As a USAF officer I had to wear them and garters.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Yeah, pantyhose was not invented yet... they still had silk nylons back then and garters were necessary to keep them up.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
when you couldn't get the silk stockings did you draw the line up the back of your legs to make it look like you had them? ;D

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch it ya igerent bunch of frustrated treasure hunters hehhhehe I believe that it is still required wear today, no saggy socks, no belts, nothing in the pockets. Just trim and neat .sniff.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear suspenders when I go out MDing. If I don't I'll get a bad case of plumber's crack after getting up and down about 3 times. I knew I was aging when a cute little coed came bopping up to me when I was in college. I gave her my biggest smile and she said, "Sir, can you tell me where the library is"? First time a cute thing called me "Sir"! I was 32! Monty

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup Crack Kills ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You seen one you seen them all! Kinda like,......well, you know what I mean! :wink: M :D nty

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
You seen one you seen them all! Kinda like,......well, you know what I mean! :wink: M :D nty
true true

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
They worked for Mork... but the meaning has changed since then.

Be careful as to your selection of colors in California, but then again... hummm think about it.

If your wearing these suspenders, do you really want your pants to stay up?

Wow. Something to ponder over there, Mr. AA

suspenders.jpg

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I have worn suspenders for the last 25 years. A few things I have learned while wearing them. 1. clip your shorts right along with your pants, because your shorts will go south long before you do. 2. Suspenders are hot to wear in the summertime, I wear bib-overalls then. 3. When you are working on a friends car, wearing a belt will destroy his paint job, you can wear suspenders under a T-shirt. 4. When you MD, use the carpenters heavy duty kind, clip 'em to your pouch and pants at same time, the clips are much more open. 5. Beware of smart-a**ed kids and spouses, they love the sound of you screaming in pain when they grab them from behind and run around the block before letting them loose. 6. Why I like suspenders over belts. As you get older you keep pulling your pants up higher and higher, only to have them get just past the middle age spread (even while wearing a belt) and this is why you see so many old farts wearing both (belt and suspenders) lose the bulge, then ya can wear a belt only. Believe me, all of this is very true. Also another bit of truth, when you get to be old like me, NEVER EVER trust a FART!..........NGE

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy In Back said:
They worked for Mork... but the meaning has changed since then.

Be careful as to your selection of colors in California, but then again... hummm think about it.

If your wearing these suspenders, do you really want your pants to stay up?

Wow. Something to ponder over there, Mr. AA
you should be ashamed of yourself

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions