Today, I was the bullet king...

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I was the bullet king today. I started out looking for artillery shells at a new spot and got completely skunked. Luckily I had researched another spot close by and found these 120+ Civil War Sharp's carbine bullets near the end of the day. It was a fun hunt in a small stream with plenty of bedrock. I could just walk along and see little piles of these bullets in the cracks of the rocks. Best of all, I didn't have time to finish up the spot and was digging stuff as I was walking away. Got a video too, but that will have to wait until I get back there another time or two ;)

P7060015.JPG

I found all these in the first few minutes of the hunt...

P7060006-001.jpg

Also found this lion head thingy. I think it's late, but am not really sure what it is...

P7060010.jpg

Here is how the bullets looked in the cracks on the rock. I was able to just reach down and pluck them up...

P7060007-001.jpg

Thanks for checking out my post!

Upvote 1

Lee43

Oct 29, 2006
East central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Great finds

I guess I was the bullet king today. I started out looking for artillery shells at a new spot and got completely skunked. Luckily I had researched another spot close by and found these 120+ Civil War Sharp's carbine bullets near the end of the day. It was a fun hunt in a small stream with plenty of bedrock. I could just walk along and see little piles of these bullets in the cracks of the rocks. Best of all, I didn't have time to finish up the spot and was digging stuff as I was walking away. Got a video too, but that will have to wait until I get back there another time or two ;)

View attachment 651690

I found all these in the first few minutes of the hunt...

View attachment 651691

Also found this lion head thingy. I think it's late, but am not really sure what it is...

View attachment 651692

Here is how the bullets looked in the cracks on the rock. I was able to just reach down and pluck them up...

View attachment 651693

Thanks for checking out my post!

Beau, nice group of Sharps...............Finding that many reminds me of flat buttons across the pond........Lee

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome recoveries! Congrats.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
That is a nice haul on bullets right there... Congrats

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, Never seen that many bullits at one time, My Question is : At lower left in your first picture
Is that a Button mixed in there? just wondering. ...>Great finds........HH

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, Never seen that many bullits at one time, My Question is : At lower left in your first picture
Is that a Button mixed in there? just wondering. ...>Great finds........HH

Nice catch! Yep, it's a little flat button. My only one for the day. I did find a nice old hoe as well, but just now realized I forgot to pick it up on my way out. Oh well, have to plan another trip!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lion Head's are often door knockers but the ring in the mouth is not big enough. I assume it has iron attachments on the reverse. Probably 1 of a pair of handles/Decor for a wooden chest/box. We need better pictures?

OP
OP
aquachigger

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lion Head's are often door knockers but the ring in the mouth is not big enough. I assume it has iron attachments on the reverse. Probably 1 of a pair of handles/Decor for a wooden chest/box. We need better pictures?

Someone on my Facebook page said it was a drawer pull. It does have two small holes in it, one at the top and one at the botom. It even has one nail still in it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone on my Facebook page said it was a drawer pull. It does have two small holes in it, one at the top and one at the botom. It even has one nail still in it.

Drawer Pull is another good option, it definately went on wood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions