today was a good day, 6 silvers and a token!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After being skunked on silver for the last several weeks, I had planned to make a trip to a place that I had made a lot of great finds earlier in the year.

The hunting started slow with only a couple of wheats and then finally an SLQ. And hour later after digging just more clad I finally hit a merc for silver #2. After a lunch break I started hitting wheat cent after wheat cent and then began digging more silver dimes including a Rosy and a Barber for a dime trifecta!
wow.gif
The very last target before I had to call it quits was a store token in great condition.

attachment.php

Now, after cleaning, I see that my SLQ is the best condition SLQ I have ever dug! In fact I think my grade about to EF35 - EF40, which would put it's value about $100.

attachment.php

The token turns out to be a billards token and worth about $50, so it was a very good way to break my slump!

Upvote 7

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful SLQ, too bad it wasn't a San Francisco mint... but I would be right happy with that one there...NICE!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That SLQ is a beauty and the other coins and token surrounding it aren't too shabby either! :icon_thumleft:

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice looking coins! Congrats!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That wasn't a good hunt, that was a great hunt! Nice silvers and exceptional token.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would make anyone's day.......wow, you dug some beauties!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, what a day playing in the dirt! You gotta love this hobby! Congratulations.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Haul Buddy, real nice count on the silver!!

They sure come out clean... miss that in the bay.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jason in Enid. NICE!!! Silvers and a token, two of my favorite things to find!!! Hope there is more for there for the diggin'. C9

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is one beautiful standing lib. it is so rare to ever see a dug one that still has the design elements around the rim. wow, that thing is gorgeous. congrats!

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! How about posting the pics of the token to tokencatalog.com - Chadwick's OK book has an ad for the Knox & Eisenhauer pool hall on the south side of the square in Perry: "A popular place of amusement for gentlemen. A few hours diversion each day makes a man more competent to combat the daily business problems that confront him. ... Rowdyism or uncouth characters not allowed. We cater strictly to gentlemen."
Perry, Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Image Wanted

BR21

[CA1]
KNOX AND EISENHAUER
GOOD FOR / 5¢ / IN TRADE
TC-385445 *** gaz. 1911-12 billiards

John in the Great 208

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! How about posting the pics of the token to tokencatalog.com - Chadwick's OK book has an ad for the Knox & Eisenhauer pool hall on the south side of the square in Perry: "A popular place of amusement for gentlemen. A few hours diversion each day makes a man more competent to combat the daily business problems that confront him. ... Rowdyism or uncouth characters not allowed. We cater strictly to gentlemen."
Perry, Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Image Wanted
BR21
[CA1]
KNOX AND EISENHAUER
GOOD FOR / 5¢ / IN TRADE
TC-385445 *** gaz. 1911-12 billiards

John in the Great 208

If it's the same book I have, it has the token listed with pics directly below that ad. If you would still like pics of my token, I will get some good quality pics and send them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is one beautiful standing lib. it is so rare to ever see a dug one that still has the design elements around the rim. wow, that thing is gorgeous. congrats!

I can't believe I didn't scratch it all up while digging! It certainly wasn't a deep silver signal. I came in as a wheat cent type signal and it was rough and broken. I dug because I could get that rough signal in the same spot from all directions. I was expecting a rusty nail or maybe a wheaty if I was lucky. In other words I wasn't being overly cautious in my dig! I guess everyone gets lucky from time to time.

I am so used to digging SLQs that are worn smooth I didn't baby it. I rubbed some dirt away to see what it was and then cleaned it with some water. When I could see the date I knew was in better condition than most, but it wasn't until I cleaned it at home I could see how much detail it really had.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...... Hope there is more for there for the diggin'. C9

That is the crazy thing about this spot. GonehuntingforHistory and I hunted this spot early in the spring and it was incredible. We dug wheats by the dozen, IH's, dozens of silvers with more Mercs than Rosies. I even pulled a nice seated dime. Of course, we gridded and hunted this place as thoroughly as possible. A month or 2 later we decided to hit it again and it was a bust. I don't think there were any silvers and just a couple wheats found, so we called the site done.

Well, after a few weeks of getting skunked every other place, I wanted to go back just to see if I could squeek out one more silver (with it hopefully being a super deep seated). Any guesses about where I'm going on my next hunt? :laughing7: I just don't know when that hunt will be. Next weekend is supposed to be freezing with snow, after that is opening weekend for deer-rifle hunting. Just have to wait and see what the weather will be on the 5th weekend of November.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread