Today was pretty good for halves (7/25/06)

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I went to a couple of small towns today and went to different banks. The first one had one roll. The second bank next door had $500 worth. The teller said she was glad to get rid of them. I noticed that half the box was old wrappers and the other half new. She said you don't mind do you? I said no problem. ;D Tried a couple other banks with no luck (I forgot, one did have $80 worth which I bought). Went to the next small town and found a bank. I asked if they had any rolls of halves and they said yes how many do you want? I asked how many they had. The head teller said they had $1800 dollars worth. :o
I only had about $300 left so I bought those. I can predict the future. I will be visiting that bank again. On the way back I stopped at just about every gas station and put $6 worth of gas in at each and bought snacks and drinks with halves. lol. At one convenience store the ladies asked if I had any more to sell them. So I traded some of my halves for their paper bills. Anywho, I just got done checking all of them. Results from first small town: 1 - 1964, 9 - 40%. Second small town: 5 - 40%. And after checking that box of mixed old and new wrappers I am not convinced that the old wrappers have more silver. Seemed about the same. In fact, I wonder if another silver hunter turned in a lot of the old wrapper halves.

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good results. I've never found halves in old wrappers. They always look enticing, huh? Congrats on the silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions