Today was the true redeeming of my name...

TheButtonKing

Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cold and Snowy But a Good Day Overall!

So today,
I definetely regained the title I like as TheButtonKing.
Me, my uncle, and my dad left at like 3pm to head out to these 5 places we wanted to detect while it was 36 F out and flurrying the whole day. At the first 3 sites, we detected for about 30min. to an hour. In one of the sites, there was an old graveyard hidden in thorns that I spotted that was pretty cool and of course I went and explored it and that was pretty cool.At the first site in a cornfield, I found all 7 buttons at the first site and 2 of those eagle buttons were found both next to each other and then I found the back of a two piece button which I was pretty sure was another eagle button but the front was just missing and then I found the big eagle button and I was super happy about all that because I've only ever found 1 eagle button from the civil war. I then found that small detailless button. After that, I found the 2 bullets and the Fancy Button:headbang:. Then, My dad found a couple buttons that aren't pictured which were an eagle button just like the 2 small ones I found and a couple flat buttons:icon_thumleft:.My uncle found a few buttons and a really cool DIAA (Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association) athletic medal which aren't pictured either. Then, we went over to the next 2 sites and all we found was crap,crap,CRAP:BangHead:! Then, we went to the last site and we spent the longest there which was about an hour. My dad found the indian head penny dated 1873 which is pictured at the last site and I didnt find squat and nor did my uncle uggh:sadsmiley:! Well, that was my detecting day! Thanks for letting me share with you my hunt and reading this! Happy Hunting! ~TheButtonKing

Here's Some Pics:
20170310_212258.jpg 20170310_212455.jpg
20170310_212350.jpg 20170310_212343.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 9

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice selection of buttons and it's always good to round of the hunt with an IH Cent! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
T

TheButtonKing

Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. Ya I think IH Cents always make metal detecting fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread