old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super finds! The point in the first photo looks like it would have been used as a fishing barb point. Kind of like what is used today with fishing line attached to the end of an arrow. ''Cool''! :icon_thumright:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stemmer. Is that first one a bifuracated base that was snapped and reworked?? Wild looking. Nice finds !

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Looks to me more like a transitional point such as a hardaway or dalton base, reworked to use as a scraper or stunner. Nice! TN, you don't think it has too large of a " fluted" base to be a LeCroy? Just wandering.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me more like a transitional point such as a hardaway or dalton base, reworked to use as a scraper or stunner. Nice! TN, you don't think it has too large of a " fluted" base to be a LeCroy? Just wandering.

I do not know... Just went to the bifuracte drawer now I am re looking. I have a broke dalton with secondary work on the break but nothing like this. I think it is old though. Maybe Matt or someone will chime in on it. Interesting piece for sure. I think stunner is a misnomer don't you? I do not want to hi-jack his finds post so will see what the consensus is :)

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Tnmountains said:
I do not know... Just went to the bifuracte drawer now I am re looking. I have a broke dalton with secondary work on the break but nothing like this. I think it is old though. Maybe Matt or someone will chime in on it. Interesting piece for sure. I think stunner is a misnomer don't you? I do not want to hi-jack his finds post so will see what the consensus is :)

Yes, misnomer is pretty much what the majority of my terms are. I picked up terms from elders that I have either hunted with or simply spoke with. Many of their terms have stuck. I don't know why, but many of them I just like, therefor, I don't correct them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread