CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today it was really nice outside, so I packed up my bags and decided to get outside and detect away. Spend my time looking for coins. After some long hunting got a nickel like signal and dug a big plug of dirt out of the field. In this big plug I got a high signal , I was like that ain't no nickel. Dug into the plug and got a 1905 Indian-head penny. Now this was a just a bit confusing cause my sovereign never reads wrong. So began a scanning the hole to see what had just went wrong. Sure enough there was more signal just inside that same hole. Dug a big old clod of dirt out and there was that nickel signal back again sorted through the dirt and found a 1912-d V nickel, now thats how a double coin hole got done. Went on detecting made up my mind there just had to be more coins there. After a lot more a swinging found a smoothie sounding signal that on slow approaches ran my meter up to that good ole 1.80. Was sure it was good. So I took care as did not want to scratch a good coin. Took a huge hunk of dirt out again, hrmmm not in the plug thats good news. Still in the hole it was. Dug on down and pulled another big chunk out, scanned the plug and had that wonderful high signal again. So sorted the dirt till I was down to a small chunk and there it was a 1906 barber dime. Thanks for reading my little short story of my afternoons hunt.

Happy Hunts to you all.
CARM

Attachments

• 2_6_2012 front.JPG
    2_6_2012 front.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 523
  • 2_6_2012 reverse.JPG
    2_6_2012 reverse.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 519
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread