Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's 2 boxes + a couple eyeball finds 7-14-11

No skunks this week! Nothing spectacular, but better than I've seen in months.

Box 1: 3 40%
Box 2: 3 40%

Naturally, since the boxes were a bit better this week one of my two order banks didn't come through and I only got 2 boxes instead of my weekly order of 4.

On a completely unrelated note, I have always been amazed at how some people just seem to be impossibly lucky while others are just the opposite. My mother is one of these lucky people. Unfortunately, its apparently not genetic as I definitely didn't inherit this trait. :D I have lost count of how much money this woman has found just lying around on the ground, parking lots, etc. Its never a large amount, but she regularly finds "folding money", and its usually a $20 bill. In all of my 41 years I have never found a single dollar bill, let alone something bigger, and I sometimes even go so far as to take the long way around the parking lot just to look. Back when I was a kid, mom would sometimes accompany Dad and I on a metal detecting excursion even though she didn't detect. She would, almost without fail, find a Mercury dime everytime just by eyeballing it on top of the ground. About two weeks ago she stopped at a dollar store. As she got out of the car, she noticed what she at first thought was a Canadian nickel lying on the parking lot. Turned out to be a 1902 V nickel. Last weekend she went to a family reunion. As she was walking across the parking lot she stumbled and almost fell. As she was preparing to fall, she looked at the ground and noticed a penny. 1904 Indian. Amazing.

Upvote 0

Yougot

Feb 25, 2011
Re: Today's 2 boxes + a couple eyeball finds 7-14-11

Not to sound mean... But follow her around and keep knocking her over. See what happens :icon_thumleft:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, some folks have all the luck. Give her a box of halves and let her open them. Maybe the "silver goddess" will smile down upon your mom!

Slim pickens as well here. More for the pile, however!

apush :read2:

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

nice finds! also, i agree, follow ur mom and keep knocking her down, i bet shell be finding gold coins and $10,000 dollar bills after doing it enough times :laughing9: Keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

OP
OP
A

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

apush said:
Yes, some folks have all the luck. Give her a box of halves and let her open them. Maybe the "silver goddess" will smile down upon your mom!

Slim pickens as well here. More for the pile, however!

apush :read2:

Slim pickens?? Two more keepers per box and I woulda had a pair of "Arkansas Dream Boxes!" :laughing9:

Honestly, I have only topped 5 keepers in a box a few times. The only reason I continue to order boxes is that I just know that one of these days I am going to open a box and see Bens and Walkers everywhere. So far though, I have only seen a single 40% ender on 2 separate occasions. Still hopeful though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread