todays 20 boxes

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: today's 20 boxes

About 5 times better than my last 20. Just keep stacking it.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

out of the 20 17 were skunks. the 17 skunks contained tons of marked coins

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

it sure is hard to continue doing this volume with such meager finds. the only thing that keeps me going is the hope that the boxes will get better. i think i know what part of the problem is. there was this Axx clown in my town that was ordering 20 boxes a week too from another branch of the same bank. it seems that this dumbAxx had several large accounts with the bank and the vault teller was allowing him to pick up his 20 boxes and search them and provide him with canvas bags and accepted his dumps back and sent them back with the supply company. this went on for about 9 months and i have been told that this genius is no longer ordering boxes. it is my theory that his actions have mucked up the boxes for a while and i have just got to muddle through his dumps until i can get them sent off with another service. i am hoping that after 3 months now i am getting close. since the guy who was doing all of this has stopped ordering boxes this tells me that the boxes he was getting were lousy too. anyway up until he started i was pulling good results every week.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

silvercop said:
out of the 20 17 were skunks. the 17 skunks contained tons of marked coins
I do 2 boxes a week and that is plenty for me. It has been slow for the last 10 boxes. I have also seen too many marked coins. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Glad you got something there! That is still a lot of work for a roll of 40%. Hope you hit a dream box soon. :icon_thumright:

Maine_Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

I read a post on here a not too long ago where a fellow CRHer was doing 45 boxes of halves a week for the past 9 months. Thats 180-225 boxes a month.I don't recall anymore ,but I thought he had mentioned getting 350 keepers a month out of that. I'll bet there are plenty of people out there with special arrangements doing this amount or more every week.
In my opinion the silver supply is drying up. I think road trips are the way to go, but only if you hunt in an area where the tellers don't have a full set of teeth, and read your drivers license upside down.

Here in CT. many of the tellers that they are hiring look like the Coast Guard just fished them out of the water from a sinking banana boat. Can't understand a word they say,but they sure as heck know what silver is.
My last road trip I took I ran into a teller who greets me with a smile. All of his teeth are filed into points, just like a cannibal from the Congo. I asked him for halves. He says'' Aya Aya I keeps da silba, Aya Aya. I got out of there before I ended up with the carrots and potatoes in the stew pot.
HH
Rich

RED THUNDER

Dec 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

Rich Hartford said:
I read a post on here a not too long ago where a fellow CRHer was doing 45 boxes of halves a week for the past 9 months. Thats 180-225 boxes a month.I don't recall anymore ,but I thought he had mentioned getting 350 keepers a month out of that. I'll bet there are plenty of people out there with special arrangements doing this amount or more every week.
In my opinion the silver supply is drying up. I think road trips are the way to go, but only if you hunt in an area where the tellers don't have a full set of teeth, and read your drivers license upside down.

Here in CT. many of the tellers that they are hiring look like the Coast Guard just fished them out of the water from a sinking banana boat. Can't understand a word they say,but they sure as heck know what silver is.
My last road trip I took I ran into a teller who greets me with a smile. All of his teeth are filed into points, just like a cannibal from the Congo. I asked him for halves. He says'' Aya Aya I keeps da silba, Aya Aya. I got out of there before I ended up with the carrots and potatoes in the stew pot.
HH
Rich

LOL! Man you totally crack me up! Well put. :laughing7:

Motor on!
Redthunder 8)

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

No GREAT Boxes here or in our Ark ones in some time, have had a few decent ones though mixed in tweenst, and get this very few skunks either, in fact the skunk average has went down so low it is amazing; only 1 of last 20 Boxes was skunk but more than 4/5 had 1 to 3 . Oh we had a Walker ender this week too.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You just hang in there Silvercop. There's a good box out there with your name on it. Rich, are you referring to Oldred? He was doing some massive volume. He was posting for awhile, then we never heard from him again.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SC, things are bad around here too. My bags have been crap this month and I did a few loomis boxes and they were well picked over. Just the influx of new searchers I believe is what is killing this area. I know of a few on this forum and a hand full over on real cent.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well at least you have a good system of dumping back the coins.

I had a very bad week too.

Hope you do better next time.

Darth Walker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread