Todays 4 dismal half dollar boxes, A small ray of hope!

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's 4 dismal half dollar boxes, A small ray of hope!

Same bank.

Box #1- Skunk

Box #2- Skunk

Box #3- 1965,BU 1967

Box #4- Skunk

My dump bank is a CU and they informed me today they are getting coin counting machines in EVERY branch. So I asked how much coin I could do at once and she said as much as I wanted too. So my pickup bank has agreed to start ordering 10-12 boxes a week as soon as this starts. I feel like all you yankee's now with my fancy coin counters. ;D Jk. HH everyone. IS.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's 4 dismal half dollar boxes, A small ray of hope!

y'all got some nice machines comin yer way, ya her! :laughing9: (jokingly)

You're going to love those coin machines IS, those will up your volume drastically, and your dump banks could become your pickup banks!!!
Coin machines in my area, the half dollar bag fills up every $100 though ,hopefully yours holds much more.

HH,
BuffaloBoy :icon_sunny:

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

awesome
hope you net boats of silvers, if yankees=NE, whats the identical of the South?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

GEOFF said:
awesome
hope you net boats of silvers, if yankees=NE, whats the identical of the South?
Dixies?

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

There will be a limit because most of the new machines fill seperate bags for each coin denomination. If you start filling the half dollar bags too often you WILL be told about it! :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

OP
OP
ImpurestStewart

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other

It's going to be a coinstar model, Holds $1,000 worth of all coins. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ImpurestStewart said:
It's going to be a coinstar model, Holds $1,000 worth of all coins. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Thats frickin' awesome, wish my CU has that. More power to you my friend from the South.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

Will those machines take halves?

If so, you are in biz!!!!

Make sure you wait until you know what they will take. I recently got my hopes up about a new machine at a local bank, but it doesn't take halves!

If they take the halves, I try not to create a second bag change...but often the first bag will take $700. I then take the opportunity to fill the next bag after a change completely full. When this happens, I can dump $1700...now that is living large!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds to me like you've got it goin on ! Just spread your dumps out as much as you can , so
as not to burn out any particular branch bank . Happy Hunting ! Argentium.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

ImpurestStewart said:

Well, Coinstar charges 10% of the total amount you put in! DUH! That's $100.00 :BangHead: :BangHead:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Ho Silver! said:
ImpurestStewart said:

Well, Coinstar charges 10% of the total amount you put in! DUH! That's $100.00 :BangHead: :BangHead:
We got one of those machines in my bank and since I have an account there is no charge.

OP
OP
ImpurestStewart

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Beans said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
ImpurestStewart said:

We got one of those machines in my bank and since I have an account there is no charge.

What this man said. Do you honestly think I would dump in the machine only to get charged 10% or more? I am no fool and don't appreciate you saying something like that.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dont worry Stew, HHS has been posting some comments that are deliberately provocative lately, just ignore it, we know you are a grade A hunter !!

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other

ImpurestStewart said:

As we all know, the consumer version of the Coinstar is what you find in supermarkets, etc. They charge 9.8% to give you cash or you can get Gift Cards to certain places for no fee.

Apparently, there is a bank lobby flavor of Coinstar.

As we all know, the consumer version of the Coinstar rejects silver coins.

The $1,000,000 question is: does the bank lobby version machine reject silver? If so, go straight from the supply bank to the dump machine and let it sort for you. I've fed dimes straight from the coin bag into consumer version Coinstar before and let it find the silvers for me.

I had a known purchase from Amazon that I was going to make for approximately $300. So, I poured about 1/3 of the dime bag that I got from my CU into a plastic pail and went into Copp's grocery and dumped it in until I hit $300. The reject bin held 2 silver Roosevelts along with about 20 clads. I put the clads back into the pail, the 90%'ers into my pocket, and took the paper voucher for $300 to spend on Amazon.com.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions