Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's 8 boxes of Halves

I would love to do a roadtrip in your area. Can't wait to see the results!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Doing 8 boxes a week do you have trouble trying to dump them....Matt

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

mlayers said:
Doing 8 boxes a week do you have trouble trying to dump them....Matt

When I lost the last of my dump banks in November I had to travel 50 miles to dump and had to cut way down on boxes.
Now It's getting tough to get boxes, but I knew that would be coming before Spring.
HH
Rich

steeda

Mar 16, 2010

Do you think you could goto 4 different banks and get two boxes? Or two banks and get 4 boxes?

How come they cut you off?

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

Everyone jumped down my throat when I brought up the subject of being cut off but I can see now I was right.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did they give an explanation? They should have at least had the courtesy to call you and let you know they didn't order them.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

bummer rich. it is just amazing to me that we have problems on opposite ends. my problem is with dumping.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

That's too bad Rich.. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. Can you order in smaller amounts? What was their reason for cutting you off? Can you order other denominations like dimes, nickels, or quarters?

Could you bribe them with donuts?

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

steeda said:
Do you think you could goto 4 different banks and get two boxes? Or two banks and get 4 boxes?

How come they cut you off?

New policy just like the last bank. I could order from other banks but their boxes are very poor producers.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

Hi Ho Silver! said:
Everyone jumped down my throat when I brought up the subject of being cut off but I can see now I was right.

No you are still wrong :laughing7:"Faint heart never won fair lady"
HH
Rich

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

SFBayArea said:
That's too bad Rich.. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. Can you order in smaller amounts? What was their reason for cutting you off? Can you order other denominations like dimes, nickels, or quarters?

Well I still have a card up my sleeve.
No,both banks would not order any denomination of coin. I even said that I would be willing to pay a modest fee.No dice.
The first bank that cut me off I was ordering 8 boxes a week for the past 15 months. All of their branches in Connecticut stopped ordering coins for customers and in at least 2 other States that I know of.
HH
Rich

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oh :(
it's coming here soon (NYC)
2 months ago i was told i couldn't have a standing order for halves, so i now have to place an order for them every week. IN PERSON.
and they always give me the "assistant manager will be here tomorrow, try then", "vault manager is off today" bullsh!t.
used to have problems dumping coins, now its both ordering boxes AND dumping..
oh well...

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

Rich, I hate to hear the news!!! Who am I going to live vicariously through now?

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

Rich Hartford said:
SFBayArea said:

Well I still have a card up my sleeve.
No,both banks would not order any denomination of coin. I even said that I would be willing to pay a modest fee.No dice.
The first bank that cut me off I was ordering 8 boxes a week for the past 15 months. All of their branches in Connecticut stopped ordering coins for customers and in at least 2 other States that I know of.
HH
Rich

So what does that bank do when people want quarters for laundry? They can't order any denominations for customers? Wow, it's like they're broke or something. I'm sure if you shop around you'll find another one.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

That sucks Rich. Luckily in my neck of the woods they still smile when you walk through the door. But if I start this up again that might wipe that smile clean off. Go road trippin for a while and see what you find.

Golden Silver

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009

Rich Hartford said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:

No you are still wrong :laughing7:"Faint heart never won fair lady"
HH
Rich

Rich, while I do enjoy reading your totals, I think your absolutely wrong on this. I have had standing orders with multiple banks for three years; usually 2 boxes, which seem to be acceptable to tellers. It is my belief we CRHers need to tread softly as possible. I've never been cut off from a bank. I can't believe your tellers aren't shooting you the evil eye no matter how charming you might be. Eight boxes is 203.2 pounds for Christ's sake.

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008

Me personally I'm just disgusted that people are ordering ridiculous amounts of coin. It's killing off everyone's supply.
Most bank tellers are female and not robustly built. For what they get paid, to use them like a stevedore shoveling coin into our greedy hands, its probably the 2nd most problematic aspect of coin roll hunting (first being that using gasoline to hunt means you are sending money to people who want to kill us).

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

gotgot said:
Me personally I'm just disgusted that people are ordering ridiculous amounts of coin. It's killing off everyone's supply.
Most bank tellers are female and not robustly built. For what they get paid, to use them like a stevedore shoveling coin into our greedy hands, its probably the 2nd most problematic aspect of coin roll hunting (first being that using gasoline to hunt means you are sending money to people who want to kill us).

Huh....

Bummer Rich. Keep looking around. Maybe you can find a branch or two from the same bank that are hidden away and haven't gotten the new directive. I would also not give up on the source bank yet as I had that happen to me and I was able to wait them out. It took a couple of months but I kept asking every week and then the manager changed at a bank and so did the ordering rules.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread