Todays beach finds......sad

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
Hi all, hit the beach this afternoon for a few hours, 1.60 in clad and a flattened penny with the lords prayer on back.....this beach has been overtaken by slobs it seems, they come in droves, leave baby diapers, food wrappers, beer cans, drink bottles, watermelon rinds all over the place, they fish and when they catch a fish they dont want, they leave it on the beach to rot...smells terrible...I spoke with several locals who say it has become really really bad the past 2 years.....it really ticks me off for people to trash the beach, especially when there are trash cans 20 feet from them....sorry for the rant......just makes me angry.....tomorrow I hit a new beach...HH everyone

Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there. I hope you find a cleaner and more friendly beach in the morning. Find the biggun!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I feel your pain.....but that beach sounds pretty bad...!!!

I enjoy hunting the beach, no pick...shovels.... and hard ground.
Nice little break.

Here in C.A we have big trucks called comers that usually picks up most of the crap!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
People are slobs and it don't take them long to really screw up a good place. Like I say, I don't mind prosparity, but civilization sucks!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
The best we can do is clean it up the best we can. It's not just the beaches the people mess up. Schools, parks, woods, it doesn't seem to matter to them. I carry a large plastic bag in my trunk just in case. It is very irritating though! We end up wasting our time instead of detecting.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
You are not the only one who feels this way. I get so upset every time I hit a park and trash is everywhere. I cannot understand it. People can toss trash anywhere they want and mess the place for everyone else but detectorists are baddddddd people!!!

Just don't get it.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
What really chaps me is the fact that we remove the pull tabs, sharp aluminium shards, crushed cans, razor blades, bullets, etc, and are still concidered as destroyers of the parks. We remove the "dangerous" stuff that the people who are paid good money to do it can't see. You couldn't pay someone pennies per hour to clean the stuff we do, and that's what we do it for. But yet, we are the evil ones, we must be banned.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
rommelvon said:
Hi all, hit the beach this afternoon for a few hours, 1.60 in clad and a flattened penny with the lords prayer on back.....this beach has been overtaken by slobs it seems, they come in droves, leave baby diapers, food wrappers, beer cans, drink bottles, watermelon rinds all over the place, they fish and when they catch a fish they dont want, they leave it on the beach to rot...smells terrible...I spoke with several locals who say it has become really really bad the past 2 years.....it really ticks me off for people to trash the beach, especially when there are trash cans 20 feet from them....sorry for the rant......just makes me angry.....tomorrow I hit a new beach...HH everyone

I see you have visited Virginia Beach Oceanfront too ;)...that is how they leave our beach....I couldn't believe all the visible Trash on the beach!! At Croatan Beach, someone left a "phewy" baby diaper...ewwww.....as much as I wanted to remove it from the beach and dispose of it properly...I didn't....:(

Infact, I am in the process of making poster designs about Metal Detectors and Beach Goers and present them to the City of Virginia Beach (whether they accept them or not...we will see). When I get my design complete, I'll post.

I guess folks think that those big white trash cans are for decorations only!!!

Hope you have better luck at the new beach...happy hunting,
Annmarie

PS: a couple of weeks ago, while at Croatan Beach, walking barefoot in the sand...I cut the bottom of my foot...small slice, but deep on a glass bottle someone used for setting off fireworks...I dug in the sand and made sure I GOT ALL THE PIECES up...God Forbid someones kid stepped on that. I'm fine ... but was madder than all get out over that!!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Stick the flattened penny in your pocket for luck tomorrow, it can't hurt... pray the jerks stay home and keep there trash to themselves.

Good luck out there!

Smiles!
BDoo

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
piggman1 said:
What really chaps me is the fact that we remove the pull tabs, sharp aluminium shards, crushed cans, razor blades, bullets, etc, and are still concidered as destroyers of the parks. We remove the "dangerous" stuff that the people who are paid good money to do it can't see. You couldn't pay someone pennies per hour to clean the stuff we do, and that's what we do it for. But yet, we are the evil ones, we must be banned.

EXACTLY! I love when I find those old rusty fish hooks in the sand so the little kids don't need a tet shot.
I like to keep them and show everyone I talk to at the beach what a hero I am and what us detectorists do.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
I keep a couple of 5 gal buckets of tabs and aluminium shards, along with bullets and other wicked objects to show the rangers or neighborhood association parks people just what all I remove from their parks and tot lots. So far, I haven't found one that doesn't see it our way. In fact, I get to hunt a couple of places others are run out of because of talking and showing them this junque. It's the common person who has absolutly no idea what we do that complain to the officials that govern this, and they in turn ban us to make them happy, and keep their office. The public is who needs to be informed. Not the enforcers.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
When I started MDing two months ago I couldn't believe the amount of trash people just left on the beach and burried in the beach. One beach is in an affluent area and the locals use it. I believe they bring their trash from home and leave it. As you stated, 20 or more barrels on the beach and in the parking lot and no trash in them. On the beach it lays. Have gotten somewhat used to seeing it but still ticks me off when I end up digging it up and then have to throw out their trash.

Here's to a fairly clean area.
HH Roy

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
What's even more fustrating is getting a STRONG signal, like a coin and dig and dig and find out you only uncovered someone's 6 or 12 pack of empty BEER CANS!!!!!!!! But I hate not to dig...afraid they may have lost a ring or something while burying those cans!!! And when I dig them out...I make sure others around me see that I do and the disgust on my face as I trample up to the trash can and throw them away!!!!!!!!!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Ron and Ann said:
What's even more fustrating is getting a STRONG signal, like a coin and dig and dig and find out you only uncovered someone's 6 or 12 pack of empty BEER CANS!!!!!!!! But I hate not to dig...afraid they may have lost a ring or something while burying those cans!!! And when I dig them out...I make sure others around me see that I do and the disgust on my face as I trample up to the trash can and throw them away!!!!!!!!!

Save em and recyle em and pay for your batteries

luckymike

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2007
The best part is when a beach,park official or school security asks us what we are doing and if we're making holes everywhere,but doesn't say a word to people leaving trash everywhere letting their pets piss and poop anywhere they want. What about those kids in the school yards doing drugs and drinking beer and leaving their broken bottles in the tot lots.I've found pills and capsules in the sand,say something to them and leave me alone. One guy said you know people use this school yard. I was like yeah for doing drugs and drinking beers dumping trash,I just said i fill in all my holes and take all garbage with me and he left looking at me like i was crazy!! lol.It's just frustrating when people look at us as being the (bad guy)! anyway good topic,had to vent a bit. good luck all in your hunts

mike

WhiteHunter

Dec 28, 2006
Hampshire
Detector(s) used
E-trac,X-Terra 70, Ace 250 with Sniper Coil, Sea Hunter MK2
luckymike said:
The best part is when a beach,park official or school security asks us what we are doing and if we're making holes everywhere,but doesn't say a word to people leaving trash everywhere letting their pets piss and poop anywhere they want. What about those kids in the school yards doing drugs and drinking beer and leaving their broken bottles in the tot lots.I've found pills and capsules in the sand,say something to them and leave me alone. One guy said you know people use this school yard. I was like yeah for doing drugs and drinking beers dumping trash,I just said i fill in all my holes and take all garbage with me and he left looking at me like i was crazy!! lol.It's just frustrating when people look at us as being the (bad guy)! anyway good topic,had to vent a bit. good luck all in your hunts

mike

Very true but it always makes me laugh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions