Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's Beach Hunt (Anna Maria Island)

I met up with Cntrydncr1 this morning just before sunrise at Holmes Beach. She's awesome! It was our first time meeting each other, and we really had a good time! It was nice to meet another T-Net member who lives only about 40 miles away from me, and I look forward to meeting up with her again sometime soon for another hunt. Anyways, I dug lots of pull-tabs and I ended the day with $1.31 in pocket change, and some other goodies. No silver, although the one necklace piece that I found feels pretty heavy...I just don't see any markings on it to tell me if it's silver or not. It was a GORGEOUS 86 degree sunny Florida day, and there were lots of people enjoying their time at the beach today while I was searching for my first gold ring. Well, no gold today...but I did make a friend! Happy hunting to you all! :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• IMGP0052.JPG
    IMGP0052.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 728
  • IMGP0059.JPG
    IMGP0059.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 736
  • IMGP0060.JPG
    IMGP0060.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 726
  • IMGP0063.JPG
    IMGP0063.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 737
Upvote 0

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Today's Beach Hunt (Anna Maria Island)

This heart-shaped pendant is very old .... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Desertvet

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Any idea about how old? I put a magnet up to the pendant, and the only part that was attracted to the magnet was the parts that are rusted...not the main silver part of it.
HISPAN said:
This heart-shaped pendant is very old .... :thumbsup:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

It was nice hunting with you too Robert. You got more clad than I did and a few fun junk things! Let's do it again.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cntrydncr1 said:
It was nice hunting with you too Robert. You got more clad than I did and a few fun junk things! Let's do it again.
Which side of the island were you on? Many years ago, I had incredible luck on the bay side.

The one find that really stands out in my memory was an 18k ring with a large emerald setting.
By todays prices, I would estimate it would sell for about $3500.

Eagle

OP
OP
Desertvet

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

We were hunting the west side (gulf side). I didn't know that there were other areas to go out there. I would've loved to have seen that 18k ring you found!!! Sounds like a beauty!!!! :icon_thumleft:
EagleDown said:
cntrydncr1 said:
Which side of the island were you on? Many years ago, I had incredible luck on the bay side.

The one find that really stands out in my memory was an 18k ring with a large emerald setting.

Eagle

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Desertvet said:
We were hunting the west side (gulf side). I didn't know that there were other areas to go out there. I would've loved to have seen that 18k ring you found!!! Sounds like a beauty!!!! :icon_thumleft:
EagleDown said:
cntrydncr1 said:

Eagle
I don't want to put it out on an open forum, but yes, there are places that were used more than the gulf side. The one where I found that particular ring was used back in the teens and 20s for picnics. From what I understand, it was even used before the bridge to the mainland was built.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Looks like you had fun!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread