Todays beach hunt

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Hi everyone!! So I decided to head out to a beach here in the city to see if there were still goodies here. Another famous tnet detectorist and his buddies hit this area about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and pulled lots of goodies. Apparently, they were VERY thorough (it doesn't help that they all had e-tracs and all I have is an Ace 250... :-[), as, after a 3 1/2 hour hunt, all I had to show for it was $1.03 in clad :'( . I ended up with 2 clad quarters, 4 clad dimes, a clad Jefferson nickel found right on the surface, and 8 memorial pennies (6 copper, 2 zinc). I only have 7 more days of vacation left....time to do some SERIOUS coil swingin' (even though BOTH of my arms are killing me). :tongue3:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I'm betting this wekend will see a lot of us in the dirt. I'm planning on the first two days of hunting this year myself so here's to hope and homework!

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
You must mean ChicagoRon. He's in England right now. Not hard to figure out which beach it is from the video. lol HH

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just followed some of the better detectorists after they hit that beach hard for three days. Don't feel discouraged. Trust me, your Ace didn't miss anything that was there.....They just didn't leave much else for you to find. :thumbsup:

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Nothing wrong with the clad. I used last years stock pile to help fund the purchase of my new Silver Seeker X-Ray 3000! :tongue3:

You got to start somewhere. Digging the clad will help you learn the machine, and before you know it, the keepers will follow.

Keep on swinging my man.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Paul, don't sweat the clad. I turned in last year's clad today and sure skipped out of the bank happy that I was $680.86 richer!

Joe

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
davebien said:
I bet they loved you with that much clad for the coin counter. :laughing7:

They hated me for it. The crustified zincs kept getting stuck and I was waiting for 30 minutes. My fault.

This is why I either don't dig zincs, or throw the ones I have dug accidentally in the trash. Seems the only ones worth keeping are tot lot zincs, but.......yeah, tot lots?

Joe

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
twistidd said:
davebien said:
I bet they loved you with that much clad for the coin counter. :laughing7:

They hated me for it. The crustified zincs kept getting stuck and I was waiting for 30 minutes. My fault.

This is why I either don't dig zincs, or throw the ones I have dug accidentally in the trash. Seems the only ones worth keeping are tot lot zincs, but.......yeah, tot lots?

Joe

I gave all my crusty zincs to my 8 year old niece. She said "ewe these are moldy, I don't want them." My 12 year old nephew, who is saving up for video games, happily took them.

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Time to get a tumbler.... lol. Our club has a member who'll take them, tumble them, get 'em counted and the proceeds to go to one of the kid charities we have. Its a win-win.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread