Todays bottle dive

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's bottle dive

Well the sun was shining but not on me today. 4 of us got out for the first dive since our New Years Day dive, this was the first winter in 24 years that we couldn't get in the water all winter long. I was the first one to hit the 32* temp water and even in the dry suit you know that water is cold. I noticed a problem on the way to the bottom at 77 ft. As I dropped down the water colum I had to dump air out of my suit 4 times, when I hit the bottom I took a moment to see if my suit was slowly inflating, and it was. There are a couple of things that can cause this but most likely ice in the inflator valve. Now I had to try and clear it by hitting the inflator button but I had to be ready to disconnect my hose incase it stuck wide open sending my rocketing to the surface.....not a good thing. After checking that with no succes I had to call the dive off as it could be a fault with my regulator first stage that could result in a loss of breathing air. That is how my dive went. The other guys did fairly good, Dana got the find of the day with a very unusual milk bottle
20140323_140251.jpg

Here is the rest of the finds, a regular milk, a small medicine bottle with a sheared lip, a broken brass drawer pull with the British Navy broad arrow on it, the usual clay pipe bowls and stems as well as a few other goodies.
20140323_140210.jpg 20140323_140158.jpg

Even though my dive only lasted 5 min. I was really happy to be back in the water. Got to go fix my gear now.
HH,
ZDD
20140323_114330.jpg

Last edited:

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the sun was shining but not on me today. 4 of us got out for the first dive since our New Years Day dive, this was the first winter in 24 years that we couldn't get in the water all winter long. I was the first one to hit the 32* temp water and even in the dry suit you know that water is cold. I noticed a problem on the way to the bottom at 77 ft. As I dropped down the water colum I had to dump air out of my suit 4 times, when I hit the bottom I took a moment to see if my suit was slowly inflating, and it was. There are a couple of things that can cause this but most likely ice in the inflator valve. Now I had to try and clear it by hitting the inflator button but I had to be ready to disconnect my hose incase it stuck wide open sending my rocketing to the surface.....not a good thing. After checking that with no succes I had to call the dive off as it could be a fault with my regulator first stage that could result in a loss of breathing air. That is how my dive went. The other guys did fairly good, Dana got the find of the day with a very unusual milk bottle
View attachment 965029

Here is the rest of the finds, a regular milk, a small medicine bottle with a sheared lip, a broken brass drawer pull with the British Navy broad arrow on it, the usual clay pipe bowls and stems as well as a few other goodies.
View attachment 965032 View attachment 965033

Even though my dive only lasted 5 min. I was really nice to be back in the water. We got to go fix my gear now.
HH,
ZDD
View attachment 965038

Very nice that you made it out.....too bad the gear malfunctioned on ya.

Good judgement by you to call if off.....always another day to hit it...safety comes first on the water whether your working under it or on top of it !!

Nice finds by your dive buddies !

Love the old pipe. If you ever get one that you wanna sell......... I,d love to have one.

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bring you one up next time I come your way.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread