Today's Civil War Finds

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20160914_180915.jpg 20160914_181014.jpg 20160914_180835.jpg
Went to a Union Calvary site I've been hunting for many years. Not much left but managed to get some keepers.

Thought the iron piece looked familiar but not sure what it is and the other iron piece in my opinion could have been used as a hoof scraper but we'll never know.

Thanks
Davers

Upvote 11

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like there's still a few keepers hiding in that dirt buddy. I believe those that are most persistent are rewarded with the best finds. I never would have thought of a hood s raper but it seems quite logical to me

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a nice little grab of goodies!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Davers!! Is that a Gardner I see?
I'll never get tired of finding lead, and you are right about it getting harder to do. Congrats and thanks for sharing [emoji106]

HH RN

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great stuff! Love finding those musket balls. Thanks for sharing. -Lisa & John

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Davers,
Great work. Thank you for sharing the photos. There will be more to come.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Go Davers go! Good to see you score some nice stuff.

As RN stated... I think that I see a 2 ring Gardner in there. Come on, and be a sport and show us a better pic of that rascal.

Very well done sir.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just goes to show you that no site is ever really "hunted out". Love your persistence, and congrats on finds!

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey old friend. I'm not well versed on these, but is that an unfired burnside? I haven't been out since MAY. Hunting buddy and I drifted off the farm across a property line back in May and got heavily and severely cussed by the landowner - and the "cusser" was an old hunting partner of my friend. Really took the wind out of our sails. I'll get back to it eventually, but it really killed our desire to swing a coil. Glad to see some good stuff coming out from under your digger!

pen

Apr 7, 2015
Ardmore, AL
Detector(s) used
Deus, AT Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could that be a trigger guard?

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YEP ITS OFFICAL , DEM CIVIL WAR FINDS ..

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Davers!! Is that a Gardner I see?
I'll never get tired of finding lead, and you are right about it getting harder to do. Congrats and thanks for sharing [emoji106]

HH RN

No Gardner , I wish , I have never dug a dropped Gardner.

My wife took the pics in a hurry , she also typed the text, I would have explained more in detail what was pictured.

On the left is a Dropped , 52 cal 'small Cone Base' Sharps, the other bullets are 54 cal Burnside cartridges from left to right , 1- Burnside with a little of the case wrapped around it's bottom, the next 2 are dropped Burnside's ( no brass case pieces) the first one is standing on it's base ( it look's like a Round Ball in the picture) it in reality it look's just like the one beside it.
& the Last Bullet is As you know a Burnside With most of the Cartridge still attached.

Camp lead on top.

& the Iron pieces are basically "What is it's".

Thanks for your comments.
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go Davers go! Good to see you score some nice stuff.

As RN stated... I think that I see a 2 ring Gardner in there. Come on, and be a sport and show us a better pic of that rascal.

Very well done sir.

Blame the Wife on that one , She posted the wrong shots, (I need to learn to do this myself...Big Time)

As I stated in my reply to RN , the 2 ringer is a 52 cal Sharp's Carbine bullet & all the other bullets are Burnside 54 cal Carbine Rounds.
Thank You for the kind comments.
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey old friend. I'm not well versed on these, but is that an unfired burnside? I haven't been out since MAY. Hunting buddy and I drifted off the farm across a property line back in May and got heavily and severely cussed by the landowner - and the "cusser" was an old hunting partner of my friend. Really took the wind out of our sails. I'll get back to it eventually, but it really killed our desire to swing a coil. Glad to see some good stuff coming out from under your digger!

Sorry to hear that PW, Some People ???
Now that it should be getting cooler , I hope you can get out and dig a nice Dropped or Fired CW Bullet & Your sails will be at full Mast & a stiff New Wind should get you back into the right Mindset.

IMO Your a Good Man & your detecting efforts will be rewarded .

& Yes all Burnside's & 1 52 Sharps on the far left. & That one is almost complete & ill take that any Day.
Good to hear from you Man.
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could that be a trigger guard?

I don't think so , but it does look like it could be.

It's Likely just a scrap piece of Iron but since it was found in a Calvary Camp & the way it fit my hand , IMO it would have worked well to get Mud & Debris out of your Horse's Hoof's. Also would have made a good makeshift weapon , given a swift backhand across somebody's Face.. OUCH!

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I truly thank everyone for all the likes & Reply's.
Best of Luck To All .
Davers

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds buddy. That could be part of a hoof pick. I'm the son of a blacksmith. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread