Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's Clad Haul

Got to go swing the coil for about 4 hours today, went to the swimming area of a local lake and to the front yard of my old high school which is a community center now after the consolidation a few yrs ago. Just got a little clad at the lake and a lot more clad than I normally find anywhere at the high school. Todays haul includes 5 quarters, 5 dimes, 1 nickel, and 15 pennies. Disappointing day for me, I was sure that I would find some silver at the high school as it was built in 1929 but no luck, probably because the yard is FULL of trash (mostly pulltabs, cabbage, and foil balls) and there was a lot of masking going on, it would take years to clear all that junk out but I guess I'll slowly but surely hammer away at it. I haven't even went out back of the school to check out the old football field and stands yet which are still in use today for little league football. Today I just cranked the discrimination and took the easy ones. I really need to work on getting someplace GOOD and OLD lined up for next weekend cuz I'm sick of not finding much old stuff!! Hopefully everyone else had a better day than I.

HH

Attachments

• clad_haul_10_23 (Large).jpg
    clad_haul_10_23 (Large).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 267
Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: Today's Clad Haul

Don't give up man! It'll come when you least expect it!

Happy Hunting,

Moon

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hual for a few hrs!

HH

Lonewolfe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You still did good...you sound so disappointed... :'(

could have come back with nothing but pull tabs! :D

;)

A

agbonanza

Sounds like a good haul to me too...plus you were able to just get out and do what we do for fun...congratulations!!

OP
OP
N

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

didn't mean to sound so down in the dumps!! I had a great time, just wish that I would have found some old coins. Oh well there's always next weekend and the next, and the next, and the....well you get the picture.

HH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

That's a pretty good haul. WTG!!!
Don't let it get ya down, at least your getting out there. My detectors has been out of commission for over 5 weeks now.
I'm getting ready to have my Ol' lady through some pennies around the house, just so I can look for them... ;D
Ah,, the thrill of the hunt, how I miss it. That school sounds like a fairly good spot, it's just like you said there is a lot of trash to get out of the way... Most of the schools around here are the same way,,,, Lots of trash, but there are some goodies down in the mix...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
N

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Leon said:
That's a pretty good haul. WTG!!!
Don't let it get ya down, at least your getting out there. My detectors has been out of commission for over 5 weeks now.
I'm getting ready to have my Ol' lady through some pennies around the house, just so I can look for them... ;D
Ah,, the thrill of the hunt, how I miss it. That school sounds like a fairly good spot, it's just like you said there is a lot of trash to get out of the way... Most of the schools around here are the same way,,,, Lots of trash, but there are some goodies down in the mix...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

LOL!! keep a good eye out for the ones that stand on end, I hear that they tend to sink into the carpet and make it harder to find......

I would say that the school should be real productive once I get the trash layer out of the way, should be a lot of silver there and on the football field/under the bleachers out back of the school. I don't remeber ever seeing anyone there with a metal detector so it should be virgin territory and it sure looks that way with all the trash. I will only have about an hour after work before it gets dark on Mon, Tues and Wed, and two hours before dark on Thurs and Fri, hopefully I can get down to the grade school playground with my 2 girls on those evenings, I found a Cross mech pencil there on Sat this past weekend. Good luck with getting your 'tector fixed!!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread