pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's curb strip finds.

Got out this morning and hit a sports complex in a nearby town and found a couple dollars worth of clad. I was using the M6 with the 6X8 SEF coil and the MXT with the 10X12 SEF. It was misting rain the whole time I was hunting and the hunt was fairly unremarkable except I did dig a real green penny at 8 inches with the M6 and 6X8. It was a whisper signal that kept coming up penny dime so I decided to dig even though it was obviously deep. I am pretty impressed with the M6.

I was laying on the couch late this afternoon and was bored stiff. It had stopped raining so I told the wife I was going to hunt some curb strips. I went close to town and picked a couple and started hunting. I was using the M6 again with the 6X8 and I picked out a few clad coins and a buckle out of the junky curbstrip. I was going in front of a place on a main street and getting plenty of stares when I got a high tone and a 90 VDI on the M6. I said to myself "what the heck this is probably another dang washer." I started wiggling the coil around and it was moving down to 86 and the tone was high and sweet !!! The depth reading said it was only a few inches down so I dug a fairly shallow flap and when I turned it up, I saw the beautiful sight of silver !! 1961D Washington and the funny thing about it was that I was hunting on Washington Street. The M6 performed very nicely today and I have really taken a liking to it. It is a great partner for the MXT.
Pesc

Upvote 8

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice quarter, bet that blew out the ears with a screamin signal!

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on pulling up that Silver Q.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello pescadore. Nice '61 Washington! 'Ya gotta love curb strips and I know what you mean by "plenty of stares" but there's lots of good stuff in curb strips. Thanks for the view and good luck. C9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions